Update Samsung Galaxy S3 T999 to C-ROM Android 4.4.4 – How to
Here is how to update Galaxy S3 T999 to Android 4.4.4 based C-ROM custom firmware. Based on AOSP sources, C-ROM is one of the few stable and smooth custom firmware available on KitKat. Enjoy the level of customization provided by this ROM.
C-ROM Android 4.4.4 KitKat:
- Moved Halo Icon back to on Statusbar ( Not sure if it works good on HDPI devices).
- Launch the msim settings when the new card dialog appears
- Disable keyguard widget frame
- Don’t hide baseband on dual sim devices
- Port BatteryBar
- Frameworks: Fix linked volume does not persist after reboot.
- Change notification background from holo to kitkat grey
- Fix possible ANR and navigation bar freeze
- Frameworks: do not kill favorite recent apps
- Frameworks: fix possible NPE + and missing expandable panel correction
- Fixed Recent Clear Butons colors
- Don’t register methods when there’s nothing to register.
- Get rid of noise during boot.
- InCallUI: Fix potential NPE
- Launcher3: Icon pack support
- OmniSwitch: added icon pack support
Prerequisites to update Galaxy S3 T999 to Android 4.4.4 C-ROM custom ROM:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 T999 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to update Galaxy S3 T999 to Android 4.4.4 based C-ROM:
- Connect Galaxy S3 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S3.
- Boot it into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup > backup and restore on ClockworkMod recovery.
- Wipe data task: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process. Then go on to wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the C-ROM Android 4.4.4 custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
How to restore: If you want to return to previous OS on your SGS3, boot into recovery, select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.