Update Galaxy S3 T999 to Android 4.1.2 UVDMD5 Jelly Bean Official
This is the first official update for T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 to upgrade to Android 4.1.2. If you haven’t yet updated your Galaxy S3 T999, now is the right time to do so! Follow this guide with detailed instructions to upgrade to the latest Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean UVDMD5 official firmware.
Note: this tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy S3 model number T999. Please do not try it on other models.
Prerequisites before you update Galaxy S3 T999 to Android 4.1.2 UVDMD5 Jelly Bean official firmware:
- Back up all your important data before starting the installation process.
- Enable the USB debugging in your Samsung Galaxy S3.
- Make sure you have USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S3 on your computer.
- Ensure to charge up your SGS3 T999 to at least 70%.
How to update Galaxy S3 T999 to Android 4.1.2 UVDMD5 Jelly Bean official firmware update:
- Switch your Galaxy S3 off and enter in the Download Mode: press and hold the Volume Down and Home buttons simultaneously and then press the Power button till you see the Android bot. Press the Power key again to confirm.
- Now open ODIN exe on your computer with admin rights and connect your phone to the computer while in the Download Mode. When S3 T999 is successfully connected, the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow.
- Now select the files to flash on the SGS3, downloaded earlier.
- 1. click on PDA and select file with CODE in its name – required
- 2. next click on Phone and select file with MODEM in its name – ignore if there is no such file.
- 3. now click on CSC to select the file with CSC in its name – optional.
- 4. and finally click on PIT and select .pit file – ignore if there is no such file.
- After selecting these files above, in ODIN check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. Also check the Re-Partition option, only IF you selected a .pit file in the above step.
- Once done with files and checkboxes, hit the Start button in ODIN. Installation process will take a few minutes to complete so please be patient.
- When the installation is done successfully, your Galaxy S3 will restart automatically.
- When you see the home screen, you can disconnect your phone from the computer.
Your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 T999 has now been updated to the official Android 4.1.2 build UVDMD5. To verify, go to Settings > About phone.
Get Latest Tech News Daily
We cater to your constant need to remain up to date on today’s technology. Like us, tweet to us or +1 us, to keep up with our round the clock updates, reviews, guides and more.