Update Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 to Android 4.2.2 LiquidSmooth AOSP ROM
If you own the T-Mobile variant of Samsung Galaxy S3, you are in luck! Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 can now be updated to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with the help of LiquidSmooth custom ROM. The ROM is smooth and brings in some features from AOKP, CM and other custom ROMs.
LiquidSmooth ROM is an aftermarket firmware release based on Android Open Source Project Android 4.2.2 and can now be flashed in Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 devices. The ROM offers some features such as Google GCC 4.7 Toolchain, o
- ptimized string handling routines (Linaro/Sony), c
- ustomizable lockscreen buttons and sliders, C
- hronus clock widget, c
- ustomizable hardware and software keys,
- ransparent navbar and status bar,
- ustomizable navbar ring, n
- avigation bar widgets, c
- ustomizable power menu &
- quicksettings panel, q
- uiet hours, v
- olume rocker music controls and much more!
To update T-Mobile Galaxy S3 to Android 4.2.2 LiquidSmooth AOSP custom ROM, follow this tutorial with easy steps and enjoy a new look and some cool functions for your SGS3 SGH-T999.
Important: this tutorial is only for the Samsung Galaxy S3 model number SGH-T999. Please do not attempt to update any other models or devices following this post.
Prerequisites to check before you update Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 to Android 4.2.2 LiquidSmooth AOSP ROM:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy S3 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that ClockworkMod recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S3 T999 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to upgrade your Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 to Android 4.2.2 LiquidSmooth custom ROM:
- Connect your SGS3 with computer using a data cable and copy the downloaded files to the sd card. Make sure to store them in the card root, not any folders.
- Turn your device off and disconnect from USB cable.
- Boot in to the ClockworkMod by pressing and holding Volume UP, Home and the Power buttons simultaneously.
- Once in CWM mode, perform the Nandroid backup of your current ROM by selecting backup and restore option from the custom recovery main menu.
- Now, for a full data wipe operation: go to wipe data/factory reset. Go to wipe cache partition to clear the cache. Once done, from CMW go to Advance > Wipe dalvik cache to perform dalvik wipe.
- From the sd card select install zip from sdcard and then choose zip from sdcard. Find the LiquidSmooth Android 4.2.2 jelly bean zip file and confirm its installation.
- When the ROM installation finishes successfully, repeat the above step for the GApps package.
- After the installation is finished, go back to main recovery menu and reboot the Samsung Galaxy S3 T999 by selecting reboot system now.
Ta da! You have flashed the LiquidSmooth AOSP Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S3 model SGH-T999. We hope that you would like the ROM, but in case you want to switch back, just use the Nandroid backup and you’ll be good.