Update Galaxy S3 SGH-I747 to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Carbon ROM
The latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean can now be downloaded for Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-I747 (AT&T) unofficially. The latest firmware can be flashed using custom ROM Carbon ROM which is developed by the Team Carbon and has many awesome features.
If you are looking for a way to upgrade your AT&T Galaxy S3 I747 to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, then the custom Carbon ROM is here to do that for you! Follow this easy step-by-step guide to root your Galaxy S3 I747 to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on AT&T.
- Android 4.2.2,
- Comprehensive speed enhancements, including Linaro -O3 and processor-specific optimizations, o
- ption to hide lockscreen hints,
- Carousel lockscreen, c
- ustomizable lock-screen buttons and sliders, C
- hronus clock widget, c
- ustomizable hardware and software keys, navbar ring, customizable power menu, n
- otification power widget, LCD density and more!
Note: The custom Carbon ROM based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean is still under development and may contain certain bugs and issues. All issues will be resolved though as the development progresses.
Important: For those asking us to try tutorials on other Android devices, please ONLY try on the devices and model numbers mentioned in the posts or you might get your device hard bricked. This guide is only for updating Galaxy S3, modeled I747 on AT&T. Please do not try this guide on any other device. You can check your device’s model number in: Settings > About phone.
Pre requisites before you update Galaxy S3 SGH-I747 to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Carbon ROM:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy S3 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that ClockworkMod recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S3 carries more than 80% of charge.
Guide to update Galaxy S3 SGH-I747 to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Carbon ROM:
Files required: Please download these two files of custom firmware and Google Apps Package: Carbon ROM 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM For Galaxy S3 I747 & Google Apps.
- Connect Galaxy S3 SGH-I747 to your computer using USB cable and copy the downloaded file to the SD card of your handset. Do not extract any files.
- Disconnect USB and turn your Galaxy S3 off. Boot in to custom recovery mode by pressing holding Volume Up, Down and the Power buttons simultaneously until the Samsung logo shows up. Leave the buttons for half a second and hold again. Use Volume keys to highlight and Power button to select. Alternatively you can use Quick Boot app to reboot your Android device in recovery mode.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM to be restored later if this new ROM does not work or you want to move back. Select Backup and Restore > Backup. Go to recovery menu after backup process is done. – very important step.
- Wipe the data now by going to wipe data/factory reset > Yes path. It will take a few minutes until the data wiping is completed. Come back to the main CMW recovery menu and select wipe cache partition, once it’s finished, tap on Advance > wipe Dalvik Cache to wipe Dalvik cache data.
- Now from sdcard, select install zip from sdcard and choose zip from sdcard. Locate the Carbon-JB-v1.1-15FEB2013-102729-d2att.zip file copied earlier and select it by pressing power button. Select yes to confirm installation and wait for the ROM installation completion.
- Once installation process is done, repeat the above step but choose gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip file instead of the ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
- When Gapps installation is finished, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to boot up into the latest custom firmware Carbon ROM based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. It will take a bit of time during the first time, please be patient.
Note: If you want to return to Previous ROM, boot into recovery, select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.
Ta da! We are done with flashing our Galaxy S3 AT&T SGH-I747 smartphone to the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean based custom ROM Carbon ROM.
Get Latest Tech News Daily
We cater to your constant need to remain up to date on today’s technology. Like us, tweet to us or +1 us, to keep up with our round the clock updates, reviews, guides and more.