Samsung has released a yet another unbranded firmware update; UBAMB1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Rom for Galaxy S3 Mini I8190L. The ROM puts Galaxy S3 Mini I8190L users just one notch behind the latest Android firmware out there.
Disclaimer:This guide will be using ‘Odin’ as a took to flash the official firmware on your Galaxy S3 Mini I8190L. During the process, you might lose all your existing installed apps and personal settings. It is therefore necessary for you to follow the guide carefully. Also, please, do mind that this tutorial is only for Galaxy S3 Mini I8190L. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device.
Android 4.1.2 UBAMB1 Firmware Details:
Date: April, 2013
Update Galaxy S3 Mini I8190L to UBAMB1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware
- Download and Extract I8190LUBAMB1_I8190LUUBAMB2_ARO.zip to get a file with .tar extension in the unzipped folder.
- You will then extract Odin zip file to get Odin3 v3.07.exe.
- Switch your phone off. And make sure that you wait 5-6 seconds to confirm complete the power down cycle.
- You will then put your Galaxy S3 Mini I8190L phone in Download Mode by pressing and holding down the Volume Down button, alongside Home and the Power button, until the screen flashes the Samsung Logo. After a few seconds of that, the phone will enter download mode.
- Run Odin3 v3.07.exe with Administrator rights.
- Connect your Galaxy S3 Mini I8190L with your PC. You will then see a notification appear in Odin in the bottom left saying “Added!!”. If for some reason, you do not see the said notification, try another USB port. If that too doesn’t work, then reinstall the USB driver. Once you successfully see the “Added!!” notification in Odin, you are good to go. Also, check for COM port being depicted by a number in ‘yellow’ to make sure that you have successfully added your device.
- Select the following files in Odin at their respective tabs from extracted UBAMB1 firmware folder :
- Click the ‘PDA’ Button, and select the .tar file extracted in Step 1.
- Click the ‘Phone’ Button, and select file with *modem* in its name (Ignore, if this file does not file exist).
- Click the ‘CSC’ Button, and select file with *csc* in its name (Ignore, if this file does not file exist).
- Click the ‘PIT’ Button, and select the .pit file. Use only if you got it while extracting in step 1 above, otherwise ignore it.
- In Odin window, make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected. Please make sure that Re-Partition checkbox is selected, only if you are using a .pit file.
- Hit the ‘START’ button to begin the flashing process.
Once the flashing process is completed, the phone will automatically reboot and you will see a ‘Green’ PASS notification in the top-left-most box. You can unplug the device from the computer now.
If you have followed every point described in the guide, your Galaxy S3 Mini I8190L should now be running Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean build I8190LUBAMB1. If there are any issues, feel free to post in the comments section for our staff to take a look at it.