Update Galaxy S3 I9305T to DVBMA2 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
Samsung has been quite keen this year to update almost all of its products, across the board. They have now rolled out, for Galaxy S3 I9305T users; DVBMA2 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware. While the update is originally meant for Australian users, it can be installed by users in other regions of the world as well. While this update is available via KIES and it is recommended that you get it from there. If for some reason, you cannot access the official update or would like not to wait and get it on your phone right now, here is a guide to update your Galaxy S3 I9305T to DVBMA2 Official Firmware.
Disclaimer:This guide will use a tool; Odin to flash the official firmware on your Galaxy S3 I9305T. During the process, you might lose all your existing installed apps and personal settings. It is therefore necessary for you to follow the guide carefully. Also, please, do mind that this tutorial is only for Galaxy S3 I9305T. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device.
Android 4.1.2 DVBMA2 Firmware Details:
Guide to Update Galaxy S3 I9305T to DVBMA2 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware
- Extract the firmware zip file that you have downloaded using the link above, you will then get a .tar file alongside other files.
- Extract Odin zip file to get Odin3 v3.07.exe.
- Power off your phone. Wait 5-6 seconds to confirm complete switch off.
- Put the Galaxy S3 I9305T in Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power button until Samsung Galaxy logo appears in tablet screen. Wait for a few seconds and you will be in download mode.
- Run Odin3 v3.07.exe (see Step 2) as an Administrator.
- Connect your Galaxy S3 I9305T with your PC using USB cable. A message will appear under Odin’s message box in the bottom left saying “Added!!”. If you don’t get it, then try another USB port. If that too doesn’t work, then reinstall the USB driver. If you successfully see the “Added!!” message in Odin, you are good to go. Also, check for COM port with a number in Yellow to make sure that you have successfully added your device.
- Select the following files in Odin at their respective tabs from extracted DVBMA2 firmware folder :
- Click the ‘PDA’ Button, and select the .tar file here with *code* appearing in file-name.
- Click the ‘Phone’ Button, and select file with *modem* in its name (Ignore, if this file does not file exist).
- Click the ‘CSC’ Button, and select file with *csc* in its name (Ignore, if this file does not file exist).
- Click the ‘PIT’ Button, and select the .pit file. Use only if you got it while extracting in step 1 above, otherwise ignore it.
- In Odin window, make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected. Please make sure that Re-Partition checkbox is selected, only if you are using a .pit file (see Step 7.4).
Once the flashing process is completed, the tablet will reboot automatically and you will see a PASS message in the top-left-most box. You can now unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.
If you have followed every point described in the guide, your Galaxy S3 I9305T should now be running Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean build I9305TDVBMA2. If there are any issues, feel free to post in the comments section for our staff to take a look at it.