SamMobile has leaked an unreleased Android 4.2.2 official firmware for Samsung Galaxy S3, which furnishes the phone with all the new bells and whistles present on its newer, smarter cousin; the Galaxy S4. The new firmware update for Galaxy S3 I9300 is: I9300XXUFME3 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. While Samsung continues to work on bringing Android 4.2.2 to its customers, SamMobile has evidently gotten access to the unreleased firmware first. This update brings the new TouchWiz UI alongside assorted set of features to Galaxy S3 I9300. Since the firmware update is un-branded, it can be installed in all regions of the world. If you want to get a taste of what’s Android 4.2.2 will feel like on your beloved Galaxy S3, go right ahead and install the update.
Disclaimer:This guide will be using ‘Odin’ as a tool to flash the official firmware on your Galaxy S3 I9300. During the process, you might lose all your existing installed apps and personal settings. It is therefore necessary for you to follow the guide carefully. Also, please, do mind that this tutorial is only for Galaxy S3 I9300. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device.
Android 4.2.2 XXUFME3 Firmware Details:
Date: May, 2013.
Update Galaxy S3 I9300 to XXUFME3 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware
- Download and Extract I9300XXUFME3_I9300OJKFME1_ILO.zip to get a file with .tar extension in the unzipped folder.
- You will then extract Odin zip file to get Odin3 v3.07.exe.
- Switch your phone off. And make sure that you wait 5-6 seconds to confirm complete the power down cycle.
- You will then put your Galaxy S3 I9300 phone in Download Mode by pressing and holding down the Volume Down button, alongside Home and the Power button, until the screen flashes the Samsung Logo. After a few seconds of that, the phone will enter download mode.
- Run Odin3 v3.07.exe with Administrator rights.
- Now that you are all prepared to root your phone, connect your Galaxy S3 I9300 with your PC. You will then see a notification appear in Odin in the bottom left saying “Added!!”. If for some reason, you do not see the said notification, try another USB port. If that too doesn’t work, then reinstall the USB driver. Once you successfully see the “Added!!” notification in Odin, you are good to go. Also, check for COM port being depicted by a number in ‘yellow’ to make sure that you have successfully added your device.
- Select the following files in Odin at their respective tabs from extracted XXUFME3 firmware folder :
- Click the ‘PDA’ Button, and select the .tar file extracted in Step 1.
- Click the ‘Phone’ Button, and select file with *modem* in its name (Ignore, if this file does not file exist).
- Click the ‘CSC’ Button, and select file with *csc* in its name (Ignore, if this file does not file exist).
- Click the ‘PIT’ Button, and select the .pit file. Use only if you got it while extracting in step 1 above, otherwise ignore it.
- In Odin window, make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected. Please make sure that Re-Partition checkbox is selected, only if you are using a .pit file.
- Hit the ‘START’ button to begin the flashing process.
Once the flashing process is completed, the phone will automatically reboot and you will see a ‘Green’ PASS notification in the top-left-most box. You can unplug the device from the computer now.
If you have followed every point described in the guide, your Galaxy S3 I9300 should now be running Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean build I9300XXUFME3. If there are any issues, feel free to post in the comments section for our staff to take a look at it.