Update Galaxy S3 I9300 to Android 4.4.2 Fusion-SP Custom ROM – How to
You can update Galaxy S3 i9300 to KitKat Android 4.4.2 based Fusion SP custom firmware. Fusion-SP is a brilliant custom firmware optimized for good performance and amazing battery life. This custom firmware is packed with features and is based on pure AOSP and SlimROM sources. Read the extensive list of FusionSP custom ROM features before you head on to update Galaxy S3 i9300 to KitKat FusionSP custom firmware.
Fusion SP Android 4.4.2 KitKat features:
- Recents Rambar
- Navigationbar by slimroms
- AppSidebar (Chaos)
- Networks Traffic meter (Chaos)
- TRDS 3.0 (Awesome Thanks SLIM)
- AOKP Weather
- MediaScanner behavior on boot
- Show CPU Info
- Show Clear all button + location
- Low battery warning
- Less frequent notification sounds
- Screen on notification
- Lockscreen by slimroms
- Power Menu by slimroms
- Keyboard: Auto keyboard rotation
- Customizable PowerWidget (Thnx to DerTeufel)
- CRT Animations
- AOKP Custom system animations
- Listview animations
- Keyboard animations
- Scroll animations
- Smooth Progressbar animations
- Gesture anywhere (Chaos)
- Identicons (Chaos)
- Wakelock Blocker
- Suspend actions
- Build.prop modder
- Init.d configurator
- Double tab to sleep gesture on statusbar
- Gesture Lockscreen (Chaos)
- Flip animation on clicking a qs tile
- Keyboard: Volume key cursor control
- QuietHours AutoSMS && Bypass Alarm
- Notification drawer shorcuts
- Notification drawer and qs background transparency
- Advanced display
- Contextual notification panel header (Omni)
- Center clock and more (Slim)
- Screen-On notification light
- Keyboard: Option to disable fullscreen keyboard
- Statusbar brightness slider
- Option to disable qs by removing all tiles
- Option to choose custom lockscreen handle
- Quiet Hours Ringer
- Double tap to sleep features
- Active display (Chaos)
- Lockscreen notifications
Prerequisites to update Galaxy S3 i9300 to KitKat Fusion-SP:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S3 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that recovery tool like ClockworkMod recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 carries more than 80% of charge.
Guide to update Galaxy S3 i9300 to KitKat Fusion-SP custom ROM:
Here are the steps to update Galaxy S3 i9300 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat Fusion-SP custom firmware:
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 to your computer using USB cable and copy the downloaded files to the SD card of your Galaxy device.
- Disconnect the connection with PC and turn your Galaxy S3 off.
- Boot in to custom recovery mode: press and hold Volume Up, Down and the Power buttons simultaneously until Samsung logo shows up. Leave the keys for half a second and hold again. Use Volume keys to scroll and Power button to select – alternatively you can use Quick Boot app to reboot your Android device in recovery mode.
- Now perform Nandroid backup of your current ROM: select Backup and Restore > Backup. Go back to main recovery menu after backup process is done – very important step to restore back to current OS.
- Data wiping tasks: select wipe data/factory reset > Yes. It will take a few minutes; once done, select wipe cache partition. Next tap on Advance > wipe Dalvik Cache to wipe Dalvik cache data too.
- Select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the Android 4.4.2 KitKat based Fusion SP custom ROM file copied earlier and select it. Tap on yes to confirm installation and wait for the ROM installation to be completed.
- Once installation process is finished successfully, repeat the above step but choose GApps file instead to install the Google apps package on your SGS3 i9300.
- Return to main recovery menu now and select reboot system now to boot up into the latest Fusion-SP custom firmware for Samsung Galaxy S3. It will take a bit of time during the first boot, so kindly be patient.
- Ta da! This was how to update Galaxy S3 i9300 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat based Fusion-SP!
How to restore: If you want to return to previous OS on your SGS3, boot into recovery, select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.