How to Flash CyanogenMod 13 Android 6.0 on Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300
Based on official Android 6.0 Marshmallow, you can now try the official CM13 Nightly custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S3. Bringing all the usual CyanogenMod features, you can now update Galaxy S3 I9300 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Prerequisites to update Galaxy S3 I9300 to Android 6 CM13:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
Note: this tutorial is focused on Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300; please do not try this guide on other Android & Samsung devices.
How to update Galaxy S3 I9300 to CM13 Android 6.0 Marshmallow:
Required files: download CyanogenMod 13 Android 6.0 Nightly custom firmware for Galaxy S3 I9300 and save it on your computer. Do not extract the contents.
- Connect your Galaxy S3 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S3.
- Boot it into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup > backup and restore on ClockworkMod recovery.
- Wipe data task: from the CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process. Then go on to wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard, followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the CM13 Android 6.0 Marshmallow custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 into the new custom ROM. First boot may take a few long minutes.
How to restore: If you want to return to previous OS on your SGS3, boot into recovery, select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.