Update Galaxy S2 I9100M to UGMA5 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean – Official Firmware Update
In several countries, latest official firmware UGMA5 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean is rolling out. You can grab this latest firmware update for Galaxy S2 I9100M from Samsung KIES store. For those of you who haven’t received it yet or want to go the manual way, follow this very simple tutorial to update Galaxy S2 I9100M to UGMA5 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean official firmware update.
This I9100MUGMA5 Jelly Bean is more of a bug fix and a regular maintenance update which is an ODIN flashable and cannot be stocked using ClockworkMod recovery. Some of the key features of this maintenance update include:
- S Cloud services from Samsung
- Improved camera features
- TouchWiz Nature UX
- Google Now
- Two home screen modes
- New widgets from Samsung Galaxy S III
- Some new features like Direct Call, Pop-up Play and Smart Stay
- Smooth performance and great stability – thanks to Project Butter
- Revamped User Interface – Same as of Samsung Galaxy S III and Note II
- New Lockscreen with several customization options
- More notification toggles included in the new notification bar
Android 4.1.2 UGMA5 firmware:
Pre requisites before you update Galaxy S2 I9100M to UGMA5 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy S2 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Development option to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100M carries more than 80% of charge.
Note: This update guide of stocking I9100MUGMA5 Jelly Bean is using ODIN utility which only works in Windows OS. In case you are using Linux OS or Max OS, kindly use cross platform tool Heildall to flash this firmware update in your Galaxy S2 I9100M smartphone.
Files required: (Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean I9100MUGMA5 for Galaxy S2 I9100M & Odin 3.07)
Update Galaxy S2 I9100M to latest official firmware Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean UGMA5
- Extract the earlier downloaded firmware zip to get a .tar file along with some other files.
- Also extract Odin zip file to get Odin3 v3.07.exe and few other files.
- Turn your Galaxy S2 off and wait for a few seconds to confirm the phone switch off.
- Put your Galaxy device in Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power button simultaneously until Samsung logo appears on the phone screen. Wait for a couple of seconds and your smartphone will be in Download mode.
- Run Odin3 v3.07.exe file as an Administrator – admin privileges are needed for a smooth installation
- Now, connect your Galaxy S2 I9100M device with PC using USB cable. You will get a “Added!!” message in the Odin’s message box. If you don’t, please try another USB port or reinstall the driver as last resort. When you see the Added message and also a COM port with number in Yellow then you are ready to move to next steps.
- Select the files below from I9100MUGMA5folder in Odin at respective buttons (refer the picture):
- Click on the PDA button, select .tar file with *code* appearing in its name
- Click the Phone button to select file *modem* in its name – leave this, if there’s no such file.
- Click on the CSC button and select file with *csc* in its name – leave this too, if there’s no such file.
- Click the PIT button and select the .pit file. Use this step only if you got .pit file while extracting during the first step or else, ignore it.
- In the Odin window make sure that Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected. If you are using .pit file, then also confirm that Re-Partition checkbox is selected too.
- Double check everything in last two point and once satisfied, hit the START button to begin the flashing process.
- Your Galaxy S2 I9100M will reboot automatically and you will see a PASS message with green background in the Odin top-left box once the flashing completes successfully. Unplug your device from computer.
Your Samsung Galaxy S2, model number I9100M is now running on the latest firmware update UGMA5!
Get Latest Tech News Daily
We cater to your constant need to remain up to date on today’s technology. Like us, tweet to us or +1 us, to keep up with our round the clock updates, reviews, guides and more.