Update Galaxy S2 I9100 to Android 4.2.1 Resurrection Remix Jelly Bean ROM [How to]
Resurrection Remix (v3.1.3) custom ROM featuring the latest Android 4.2.1 was recently released by an XDA member westcrip for Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100. Galaxy S II has been frequently receiving the Jelly Bean via custom ROM and resurrection remix is only just an addition to the custom ROMs of Galaxy S2.
The custom ROM is said to be quite stable and works of Google’s software update for Galaxy S2 model number i9100.
Features of Android 4.2.1 Resurrection Remix Jelly Bean ROM v3.1.3:
- Based on CyanogenMode 10.1 and AOKP 4.2.1 sources
- All 4.2.1 AOKP features
- CM10.1 Kernel
- Dorimanx Kernel
- Samsung apps, task manager and latest gapps for 4.2.1 included
- Nexus 7 feature of multi-users added
- Improved framework and full A2DP support
- Hardware key options
- XHDPI themed
If you want to update your Samsung Galaxy S2 device manually, then continue following this tutorial for step by step guide.
General requirements before updating:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy S2.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy S2 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Development option to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that ClockworkMod recovery is installed and your S2 is rooted.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S2 carries more than 80% of charge. .
Note: S2 owners are advised to verify the model number of their device as this Jelly Bean custom ROM is only released for Samsung Galaxy S2 model i9100 and wouldn’t work on any other variant. Flashing this ROM on other models may also brick your phone.
How to install Android 4.2.1 Resurrection Remix Jelly Bean ROM on Galaxy S2 i9100:
- Download Android 4.2.1 Resurrection Remix Jelly Bean custom ROM for Galaxy S2 and Add-on package on your computer.
- Connect the Galaxy S2 with computer via USB cable and copy downloaded zip files to the SD card of Samsung S2.
- Download the ROM Manager app from Google Play Store.
- Unplug USB cable from Galaxy S2 and place the device in recovery mode. To enter in recovery mode switch your device off and then press Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together. The green android bot will appear on screen to show that device has entered recovery mode. You can also use ROM manager app to enter in recovery mode.
- Once in recovery mode, select ‘Install zip from SD card’, choose Resurrection Remix Jelly Bean custom ROM and the Add-On package. After selecting the firmware, it will take some five minutes for the update to have been installed in your S2.
- Once the firmware is successfully updated, a message saying ‘Install from SD card completed’ will appear on the screen.
- To reboot the device select ‘Go back’ and then ‘Reboot System now’ to reboot the device in normal mode.
Note: If your Samsung Galaxy S2 device doesn’t turn on or gets stuck at the Samsung logo then long press the Power button to turn off the phone or re-insert the battery. Now repeat the installation process from the beginning.
Get Latest Tech News Daily
We cater to your constant need to remain up to date on today’s technology. Like us, tweet to us or +1 us, to keep up with our round the clock updates, reviews, guides and more.