Update Galaxy S Advance I9070 with XXLQ4 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
Samsung has released XXLQ4 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update for Galaxy S Advance I9070 users in Russia. The update comes with performance upgrades and bug fixes for the handset and can be used elsewhere in the world as well. While this update is available via KIES and it is recommended that you get it from there. If for some reason, you cannot access the official update or would like not to wait and get it on your phone right now, here is a guide to update your Galaxy S Advance I9070 to XXLQ4 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware.
Disclaimer:This guide will use a tool; Odin to flash the official firmware on your Galaxy S Advance I9070. During the process, you might lose all your existing installed apps and personal settings. It is therefore necessary for you to follow the guide carefully. Also, please, do mind that this tutorial is only for Galaxy S Advance I9070. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device.
Android 4.1.2 XXLQ4 Firmware Details:
Regions: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom
Download and Install XXLPZ Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on I9070 Galaxy S Advance
- Extract the firmware zip file that you have downloaded using the link above, you will then get a .tar file alongside other files.
- Extract Odin zip file to get Odin3 v3.07.exe.
- Power off your phone. Wait 5-6 seconds to confirm complete switch off.
- Put the Galaxy S Advance I9070 in Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power button until Samsung Galaxy logo appears in phone screen. Wait for a few seconds and you will be in download mode.
- Run Odin3 v3.07.exe as an Administrator.
- Connect your Galaxy S Advance I9070 with your PC using USB cable. A message will appear under Odin’s message box in the bottom left saying “Added!!”. If you don’t get it, then try another USB port. If that too doesn’t work, then reinstall the USB driver. If you successfully see the “Added!!” message in Odin, you are good to go. Also, check for COM port with a number in Yellow to make sure that you have successfully added your device.
- Select the following files in Odin at their respective tabs from unzipped XXLQ4 firmware folder :
- Click the ‘PDA’ Button, and select the .tar file here with *code* appearing in file-name.
- Click the ‘Phone’ Button, and select file with *modem* in its name (Ignore, if this file does not file exist).
- Click the ‘CSC’ Button, and select file with *csc* in its name (Ignore, if this file does not file exist).
- Click the ‘PIT’ Button, and select the .pit file. Use only if you got it while extracting in step 1 above, otherwise ignore it.
- In Odin window, make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected. Please make sure that Re-Partition checkbox is selected, only if you are using a .pit file.
- Hit the ‘START’ button to begin the flashing process.
Once the flashing process is completed, the phone will reboot automatically and you will see a PASS message in the top-left-most box. You can now unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.
If you have followed every point described in the guide, your Galaxy S Advance i9070 should now be running Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean build I9070XXLQ4. If there are any issues, feel free to post in the comments section for our staff to take a look at it.
We cater to your constant need to remain up to date on today’s technology. Like us, tweet to us or +1 us, to keep up with our round the clock updates, reviews, guides and more.