Update Galaxy Note N5100 to Android 4.2.2 XXCMH1 Official
Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 3G variant modeled N5100 can now be officially updated to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with the recent XXCMH1 update. This Android 4.2.2 update will bring you many useful features to support your life with widgets for lock screen, status bar toggles, better task switcher, screen saver mode for daydream and more. You can update Galaxy Note 8.0 3G to the official Android 4.2.2 from KIES or via OTA. But if you have a rooted Note or want to update your Note manually, follow this easy guide to do that.
Prerequisites to update Galaxy Note N5100 to Android 4.2.2 XXCMH1:
- Download and install USB drivers for Note 8.0 in your computer.
- Make sure to take backup of any important files on your smartphone.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 N5100 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to update Galaxy S4 i9500 to Android 4.2.2 XXUBMGA official firmware:
Required files: download the official XXCMH1 Android 4.2.2 firmware file for Galaxy Note 8.0 from here. Extract and you will get a tar.md5 file. Also download the Odin3 v3.04 for installation from here.
- Install Odin on your computer.
- Switch your Samsung Galaxy 8.0 N5100 off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Power and Home buttons simultaneously. When connected, you will get a message in Odin saying Added!!. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn’t help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- In Odin make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check boxes are the only options checked and nothing else is.
- Click on PDA on Odin, locate the official Android 4.2.2 firmware file and hit the Start button to initiate the update process.
- When update installation is successfully completed, Odin ID:COM will turn green and Odin will show you a PASS message.
- Samsung Galaxy Note N5100 3G will restart automatically and you can then disconnect your device from computer.
Note: In case your device gets stuck at boot screen after installation of official firmware, perform data wiping tasks: turn off 8.0 and reboot it into recovery mode. In recovery, select the wipe data/factory reset. Go back and reboot your smartphone.