Update Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to Android 5.1 Lollipop Resurrection Remix – How to
Resurrection Remix firmware is finally here for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 updating the device to the latest Android 5.1 Lollipop. Based on CM 12, Resurrection Remix is one stable and smooth custom ROM. Here is how to update Galaxy Note 3 N9005 to Android 5.1 Lollipop based Resurrection Remix.
Resurrection Remix Android 5.1 Lollipop features:
- Dark Material Theme
- Quick-Smart pull down
- Battery mods
- Heads up
- Lock screen Shortcuts
- Clock Color options
- Status bar clock customization + second + fonts
- Network traffic monitor
- Toast animations
- List view animations
- Navigation bar dimensions
- Add Weather display to status bar header
- Quick unlock
- Overall Speed up system
- Amazing Battery Life
- Brand new music and audio fx app from cyanogen
- Included all cm 12 features
Prerequisites to update Galaxy Note 3 N9005 to Android 5.1 Lollipop:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N900 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
Update Galaxy Note 3 N9005 to Android 5.1 custom ROM:
Required files: download Resurrection Remix Android 5.1 Lollipop custom firmware for Galaxy Note 3 N9005 from here and save it on your computer. Do not extract the contents. Also download the Google Apps Package for your Note 3 from here.
- Connect Galaxy Note 3 N9005 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
- Boot it into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup > backup and restore on ClockworkMod recovery.
- Wipe data task: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process. Then go on to wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the Resurrection Remix Android 5.1 custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Once done, repeat the above step for installing Gapps on your smartphone.
- After installation is done successfully, return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Note 3 N9005 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
How to restore: If you want to return to previous OS on your Note 3, boot into recovery, select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.