Update Galaxy Note 10.1 M480S to KSJMA2 Android 4.1.2 Official Firmware
Samsung came out with Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update for Galaxy Note 10.1 M480S back in December, and has now only after a month released Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware update for Galaxy Note 10.1 M480S. While, this firmware update is available over Kies officially but this tutorial will help you to download and install M480SKSJMA2 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware manually on your tablet.
Update Galaxy Note 10.1 M480S to KSJMA2 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware
- Extract the firmware zip file that you have downloaded using the link above, you will then get a .tar file alongside other files.
- Extract Odin zip file to get Odin3 v3.07.exe.
- Power off your tablet. Wait 5-6 seconds to confirm complete switch off.
- Now, put the Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet in Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power button until Samsung Galaxy logo appears in tablet screen. Wait for a few seconds and you will be in download mode.
- Now, run Odin3 v3.07.exe (see Step 2) as an Administrator.
- Now, connect your Galaxy Note 10.1 M480S with your PC using USB cable. A message will appear under Odin’s message box in the bottom left saying “Added!!”. If you don’t get it, then try another USB port. If that too doesn’t work, then reinstall the USB driver. If you successfully see the “Added!!” message in Odin, you are good to go. Also, check for COM port with a number in Yellow to make sure that you have successfully added your device.
- Select the following files in Odin at their respective tabs from extracted M480SKSJMA2 firmware folder :
- Click the PDA Button, and select the .tar file here with *code* appearing in its name
- Click the Phone Button, and select file with *modem* in its name (leave if there is no such file)
- Click the CSC Button, and select file with *csc* in its name (leave if there is no such file)
- Click the PIT Button, and select the .pit file. Use only if you got it while extracting in step 1 above, otherwise ignore it.
- In Odin window, make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected. Also, make sure that Re-Partition checkbox is selected, only if you are using a .pit file (see Step 7.4).
Once the flashing process is completed, the tablet will reboot automatically and you will see a PASS message in the top-left-most box. You can now unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.
Congratulations! You are now running Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean build M480SKSJMA2 on your Galaxy Note 10.1 M480S.