Guide to Update Galaxy Note 10.1 to CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
CM10.1 Nightly build for Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 is now available for download. With this ROM you will be enjoying the best features of the CM10.1 and the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on your Galaxy Note 10.1! Though Android 4.2.2 still doesn’t come with so many new features but is a very good update with improved features and capabilities.
We will be using a custom recovery tool to install this update on the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 so make sure your device is already rooted. Be careful to follow all the prerequisites points too to have a smooth update.
Important: this tutorial is written for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 model number N8000. So please do not try this on any other Android devices or models.
Prerequisites before you update Galaxy Note 10.1 to CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy Note 10.1 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that ClockworkMod recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Note 10.1 carries more than 80% of charge.
Update Galaxy Note 10.1 to CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean:
- Connect your Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 to your computer using USB cable and copy the downloaded files to the SD card of your handset. Do not extract any files.
- Disconnect USB and turn your Note off.
- Now boot in to recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and the Power buttons simultaneously until the Samsung logo comes up. Use the Volume keys to highlight and the Power button to select.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM to be restored later if this new ROM does not work properly or you want to switch back. Go to Backup and Restore > Backup path. Go to recovery menu after backup process is done. - very important step to get back to your current ROM.
- Now perform the data wiping task on your Galaxy Note 10.1 by going to wipe data/factory reset > Yes path. It will take you a few minutes until the data wiping process is completed. After this is finished, come back to the main CMW recovery menu and select wipe cache partition. When done, tap on Advance > wipe Dalvik Cache to perform Dalvik cache wiping.
- Select the install zip from sdcard and the choose zip from sdcard. Now locate the CM10.1 ROM zip file that you had copied earlier using the power button. Confirm installation on the next screen.
- Once the ROM installation is completed, repeat the above step but choose the GApps zip file rather than the ROM file.
- When the installation of Google Apps Package is done too, return back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to boot your tablet to the new customized Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean CM10.1.
Enjoy the new features and improvements and do let us know about your experience.