Update Galaxy Nexus i9250 to Android 4.2.2 PACman Custom ROM
You can now update your Galaxy Nexus to latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware with PACman build 22.1.1 Custom ROM. Combining all the amazing features from three most popular custom ROM, PACman carries it all from the ParanoidAndroid, CM10.1, and AOKP. Follow this guide to update your Galaxy Nexus to Android 4.2.2 and have fun with some incredible features offered by PACman.
Note: this tutorial is only for Galaxy Nexus model GT-i9250. Please do not try this on other Android devices or models. The ROM is still in development stages so you might find some bugs which will be fixed as the development progresses.
Prerequisites before you update Galaxy Nexus i9250 to Android 4.2.2 PACman Custom ROM:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Nexus device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy Nexus in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that custom recovery tool (CWM or TWRP) is installed. Update recovery tool to the latest.
- Ensure that your Galaxy Nexus carries more than 70% of charge.
How to update Galaxy Nexus i9250 to Android 4.2.2 PACman custom ROM build 22.1.1:
- Connect your Galaxy Nexus to computer using USB cable and mount the device storage. Copy the downloaded zip files to the SD card of your Nexus – do not extract any file.
- Disconnect your device and switch it off.
- Boot into recovery mode: press and hold Volume Up, Volume Down and the Power button simultaneously until the screen flashes and then release all the keys. Use volume keys to scroll and power key to select any option in the recovery mode.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM on Galaxy Nexus: select Backup and Restore > Backup. Important to perform if you want to be able to restore back to current OS.
- Now we will be performing the data wiping tasks: select wipe data/factory reset and confirm. Once done, come back to main menu and select wipe cache partition. Finally, wipe the dalvik cache by selecting Wipe Dalvik Cache under Advance option.
- Select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard and locate the PACman for Nexus zip file downloaded earlier and confirm the installation on next screen.
- When the ROM installation completes successfully, repeat the above step for the Google Apps Package. Locate GApps file instead of ROM firmware to install the Google apps package.
- When installation is completed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to boot the Nexus into the new PACman 22.1.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom ROM. First boot takes a few minutes, so give your device enough time.
Ta da! Your Galaxy Nexus is now running the latest version of PACman custom ROM based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware.
How to return to previous ROM: in case you wish to go back to previous ROM, boot into recovery and select backup and restore > restore.