Update Galaxy Grand I9082 to XXAMAE Android 4.1.2 – How to
XXAMAE Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean firmware update is officially rolling out in several countries. The latest firmware update is available in many countries for download from Samsung KIES. But if your country hasn’t yet got it, or you want to update your Galaxy Grand I9082 to XXAMAE Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean manually, then you can do that by following this simple guide below.
I9082XXAMAE Jelly Bean update is available for download, but please note this is ODIN flashable and not CWM recovery flashable. We will be using ODIN tool to flash the stock 4.1.2 firmware in Galaxy Grand model i9082. Please make sure to read the pre-reqs steps and follow the guide properly to thwart any hard bricking chances.
Android 4.1.2 XXAMAE firmware:
Regions: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom
Pre requisites to update Galaxy Grand I9082 to XXAMAE Android 4.2.1:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Backup your EFS Folder to save IMEI number and other important data.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy Grand in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Development option to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy Grand carries more than 80% of charge.
Note: This update guide of stocking I9082XXAMAE is using ODIN utility which only works in Windows OS. In case you use Linux or Max OS, please use cross platform tool Heildall to flash this firmware update.
Files Required > ( Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean I9082XXAMAE for Galaxy Grand I9082 & Odin 3.07 )
How to update Galaxy Grand I9082 to XXAMAE Android 4.1.2:
- Extract firmware zip file downloaded earlier and you will get some files including .tar file.
- Extract ODIN zip file and you will get a Odin3 v3.07.exe and a few more files.
- Turn your device off, wait for a few seconds to confirm complete switch-off.
- Boot the Galaxy Grand I9082 in Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home, and Power buttons simultaneously until Samsung logo shows up.
- Run Odin3 v3.07.exe as an Administrator – admin rights are required to run this process smoothly.
- Connect your Galaxy Grand device with your PC using the USB cable. You will get a message “Added!!” on Odin’s message box in bottom left. If you don’t get the message, try using a different USB port. Or as a last choice, reinstall the driver. When the device is successfully added, you will be able to see a COM port with a number in yellow.
- Select these files from I9082XXAMAE folder (refer to ODIN image above):
- Click on PDA Button and select.tar file here with *code* appearing in its name.
- Click on the Phone button, and select file here with *modem* in its name – leave if there’s no such file.
- Now click the CSC Button and choose file with *csc* in its name – leave if there’s no such file.
- Click the PIT Button to select the .pit file. Use only if you got it while extracting in first step, otherwise ignore it.
- Make sure that Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are checked in In Odin window. Also, if you are using .pit file, then make sure that Re-Partition checkbox is selected too.
- Double check everything mentioned in last two steps above. Once sure, hit the START button to begin the flashing process of XXAMAE Android 4.2.1.
- Galaxy Grand will automatically reboot once the flashing is completed. You’ll see a PASS message then with green background at the very top-left of Odin screen. Unplug the USB cable and disconnect your device from PC.
That’s all! Your Galaxy Grand, model number I9082 should be running on the latest Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware build I9082XXAMAE. To confirm, go to Settings > About phone to verify this firmware update.
We cater to your constant need to remain up to date on today’s technology. Like us, tweet to us or +1 us, to keep up with our round the clock updates, reviews, guides and more.