Update Galaxy S Advance I9070 with Official Jellybean 4.1.2 XXLPY Firmware [How to]
In this tutorial we will be upgrading our Samsung Galaxy S Advance i9070 with the newest Jellybean 4.1.2 XXLPY firmware. Samsung has started rolling out Jellybean 4.1.2 XXLPY firmware update for Samsung Galaxy S Advance in some countries and will be pushing in more countries gradually.
General requirements before updating:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy S Advance i9070 including SMS messages (using SMS Backup & Restore app), Sync contacts (with the Gmail application), Call logs, images, songs, videos, files (copy to internal / external SD card) and APN and MMS settings by pressing Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy S in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Development option to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled in your Galaxy S Advance.
- Make sure that ClockworkMod recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S is at least 50% charged to avoid it turning off during the process.
Let’s go through the detailed next steps to see how to update Galaxy S Advance i9070 with official Jellybean 4.1.2 XXLPY firmware.
How to install Jellybean 4.1.2 XXLPY firmware on Galaxy S Advance I9070:
- Download Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware Package and Odin to your computer.
- Connect your device to the computer after the downloading is done and extract both the zip files in your computer.
- Open Odin in your computer. Here you will notice ID: COM section will turn Yellow which indicates that all the drivers are installed successfully.
- Click on PDA to select the tar file (got after extraction) and click Start to start the process of firmware update.
- When the firmware is updated successfully, the device will automatically be rebooted. This whole process takes around 5minutes in the firmware update.
- When you see the Welcome screen in your Galaxy S Advance, disconnect the S Advance i9070 from the computer.
Check the path Settings > About Phone to confirm if the has been updated or not to XXLPY Jellybean 4.1.2 version.
Note: If your Samsung Galaxy S Advance i9070 gets stuck at the Samsung logo or into the boot loop mode then long press the Power button to turn off the phone or re-insert the battery. Now repeat the installation process from the beginning to finish the update.
We cater to your constant need to remain up to date on today’s technology. Like us, tweet to us or +1 us, to keep up with our round the clock updates, reviews, guides and more.