In this tutorial we will be upgrading our Samsung Galaxy S Advance i9070 with the newest Jellybean 4.1.2 XXLPY firmware. Samsung has started rolling out Jellybean 4.1.2 XXLPY firmware update for Samsung Galaxy S Advance in some countries and will be pushing in more countries gradually.
General requirements before updating:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy S Advance i9070 including SMS messages (using SMS Backup & Restore app), Sync contacts (with the Gmail application), Call logs, images, songs, videos, files (copy to internal / external SD card) and APN and MMS settings by pressing Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy S in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Development option to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled in your Galaxy S Advance.
- Make sure that ClockworkMod recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S is at least 50% charged to avoid it turning off during the process.
Let’s go through the detailed next steps to see how to update Galaxy S Advance i9070 with official Jellybean 4.1.2 XXLPY firmware.
How to install Jellybean 4.1.2 XXLPY firmware on Galaxy S Advance I9070:
- Download Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware Package and Odin to your computer.
- Connect your device to the computer after the downloading is done and extract both the zip files in your computer.
- Open Odin in your computer. Here you will notice ID: COM section will turn Yellow which indicates that all the drivers are installed successfully.
- Click on PDA to select the tar file (got after extraction) and click Start to start the process of firmware update.
- When the firmware is updated successfully, the device will automatically be rebooted. This whole process takes around 5minutes in the firmware update.
- When you see the Welcome screen in your Galaxy S Advance, disconnect the S Advance i9070 from the computer.
Check the path Settings > About Phone to confirm if the has been updated or not to XXLPY Jellybean 4.1.2 version.
Note: If your Samsung Galaxy S Advance i9070 gets stuck at the Samsung logo or into the boot loop mode then long press the Power button to turn off the phone or re-insert the battery. Now repeat the installation process from the beginning to finish the update.