How to Unlock Your AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, or Verizon iPhone
If you are planning to go out side of the country then you are bound to be in a dilemma. Should you opt for roaming and withstand the excess costs associated with it or get your iphone unlocked in favor of a local sim. Roaming has may advantages with the greatest being that you just pay money and your troubles go away but for those on a budget unlocking it might be the way to go.
How to Unlock iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5 and iPhone 5s
Step 1. Preparing Unlocking.
- Call your carrier and ask for an unlock code.
- Tell them that you need it for international travel, they will not unlock for rival carriers.
- Skip this step if you have bought an unlocked iphone
Step 2. Unlocking
- If you have a SIM card from a carrier that is different from your current carrier, and you’ve received confirmation from your current carrier that your iPhone is unlocked, follow these steps
- Eject your SIM card and insert the new SIM card.
- Complete the setup process.
- If you do not currently have another SIM card you can use, follow these steps to complete the process:
- Backup Your iPhone
- Erase your iPhone
- Complete setup assistant and restore your iPhone
Keep in mind that carriers sometimes refuse to unlock. The policies of some carriers are given below. If they refuse you can either go with Third Party Unlockers or buy a cheap unlocked phone.