Unjailbreak Your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch – How to
Jailbreaking your iOS device is a powerful concept as it gives you the root access to the iOS file system. Enabling you to install third-party apps, tweaks, or modify your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to get an exclusive smartphone experience – you can have it all, almost. There are a number of downsides to jailbreaking too. No warranty, which means you cannot get your device repaired at an Apple store if you have somehow managed to damage your iOS device. If for this, or any other reason, you are looking to unjailbreak your iOS device, thankfully, it is quite an easy process.
This guide will hopefully help you to unjailbreak your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and get you that warranty back from Apple.
How to unjailbreak iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch
Here are the few steps to unjailbreak iPhone, iPad, or your iPad touch
- Create a back up of your iOS device; or you could also restore to the backup that you may have created earlier.
- Enter into Recovery mode: turn off your iPhone or iPad and wait for it to completely shut down. Plug USB cord to the computer slot and hold down the Home button while connecting the USB cord’s other end to your iPhone. Keep holding the Home key until you see the recovery mode image.
- iTunes will then detect your iPhone in the recovery mode. Here, press OK.
- Once successfully in the recovery mode, you simply need to click on the Restore iPhone… button in the iTunes. No downloads or any other thing needed, simply restore.
- Next, click on Restore and Update and then Next to verify to unjailbreak your iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
- Agree to terms shown and it should start installing the latest iOS iteration on your device.
- It would take a few minutes, so please be patient.
- Once the restore process is completed successfully, activate your iPhone in the iTunes by entering your Apple ID and Password.
- You can here restore from a backup done earlier or simply start using the device fresh.
- That’s just about it!
In case you think about upgrading to iOS 8 bet, here is the guide to help you do so: iOS 8 beta 1 Direct Download Links for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. In case you are interested in jailbreaking again, here are Steps to Jailbreak iOS 7.1 and iOS 7.1.X with Pangu.