Umbra CryEngine RPG Gets Stunning Environments Trailer Featuring Megascans
SolarFall Games has released a new video for its action RPG, Umbra, showcasing some of its physically based environments, and the impact they have on gameplay.
This video shows some of the environments of Umbra, and how it impacts the gameplay. You can modify it, or use it as a weapon.
On the technical side, our game is fully Physically based, and we are the first indie studio to use the Megascans library.
Game Features :
- Based on state-of-the-art CryENGINE 3 technology
- Solo and multiplayer game supported
- Free character development – No class limitation
- Create your own weapons, armors and spells
- Bound powerfull spirits to your weapons and make them evolve
- Real time Time of Day and weather effects affecting gameplay
- Fight in mutliple locations, from dark swamp to frozen moutains
- Oppressing environment and ambiance
- Mature story and quests
Umbra melds much-loved hack-and-slash gameplay with state-of-the-art graphics, and underpins it all with a truly modern AI. Inspired by the classic Diablo 2 game, Umbra aims to deliver an intense and rich action RPG game. Personalization of your character build is free, deep and highly customizable, and many secret are hidden in the world.
CryEngine allows us to achieve a very good looking game, managing physic, animation and particle effects. In addition of that, the “real time” orientation of the engine allow us to develop dynamic gameplay, and in combination with Kythera AI system, we can create great new gameplay situation.Advertisement
CryEngine also allows us to easily create modding tools. It will be easy for anyone to add content in our game, or even change its face totally creating a Sci-fi universe.
SolarFall Games is a small indie development team of six people, working on Umbra. They have partnerships with Kythera AI, Exocortex Species, and Game Audio Factory.