Ubisoft Owns up to the Mess that was Assassin’s Creed Unity
Ubisoft started its livestream today for the reveal of Assassin’s Creed Syndicate by admitting that some parts of Assassin’s Creed Unity were less than great.
One member of the team states:
“AC: U was the first one in the AC brand where we saw that it was a much lower Metacritic,”
A second developer notes:
“It’s like you’re a kid being told you’re ugly and you’re fat. It hurts. Your heart breaks a little bit.”
It can’t have been easy for Ubisoft to admit that its most successful franchise had a game that didn’t turn out all that great. It was kind of refreshing though, and quite encouraging for the next iteration in the franchise, Assassin’s Creed Syndicate.
You can watcher Syndicate’s trailer below:
Some of the features of Assassin’s Creed Syndicate include:
- A curved blade called Kukri for close-quarters combat
- A revolver for distance kills and finishers
- Brass knuckles for when a punch in the face isn’t enough
- Zip-line to buildings (Batman style)
- Assassin’s Gauntlet rope launcher
- Bare knuckle boxing
- Players can ride carriages
- Big Ben
- New and Improved fighting system provides more fluid and accessible combat
- Victorian London
- Two main protagonists, twins Jacob and Evie Frye
The Assassin’s Creed Syndicate story throws you into the dawn of the modern era during the Industrial Revolution.
You play Jacob Frye, a gangster assassin fighting for justice on behalf of London’s enslaved working class. Watch as Jacob rallies his gang to break the corrupt stranglehold on London and bring the working class a brighter future.