How To Turn Off Twitter’s ‘Show Me The Best Tweets First’ Feature
Here’s how you can turn off the new Twitter ‘Show me the best Tweets first’ feature right away on iOS, Android, Web.
Regain The True Twitter Experience By Turning Off The Annoying ‘Show Me The Best Tweets First’ Feature
Twitter is rolling out a new feature for users that allows them to see important Tweets from the people they follow which they might’ve missed while they were away. The feature at this current point in time is opt-in, so it’s not turned on by default, but it will be rolled out to everyone in the coming days.
From the official Twitter blog:
Here’s how it works. You flip on the feature in your settings; then when you open Twitter after being away for a while, the Tweets you’re most likely to care about will appear at the top of your timeline – still recent and in reverse chronological order. The rest of the Tweets will be displayed right underneath, also in reverse chronological order, as always. At any point, just pull-to-refresh to see all new Tweets at the top in the live, up-to-the-second experience you already know and love.
It sounds great, until you start to realize that it might poison the way we have been using Twitter for a long, long time. In other words, Twitter is transforming itself into a Facebook like social network, where important posts are prioritized in terms of engagement, likes, etc. and a bunch of different parameters.
If you have accidentally turned on the feature, or maybe someone else has done it for you, then don’t worry, as we will walk you through the process of turning it off, and keep things as they were before today.
1. Launch the Twitter app, and open up your profile. Tap on the ‘Settings’ icon.
2. Select your account name from the list of options.
3. Tap on ‘Timeline Customization’ under ‘Timeline’ settings.
4. Simply turn off the ‘Show me the best Tweets first’ option listed here.
1. Launch the Twitter app, and then tap on the triple dot icon at the corner then tap on ‘Settings.’
2. Now tap on ‘Timeline.’
3. Turn off the ‘Show me the best Tweets first’ option.
1. Open the Twitter.com website.
2. Now go to the account settings page by clicking this link.
3. Under ‘Content’ look for ‘Timeline’ and then turn off the ‘Show me the best Tweets first’ option.
That’s it, you’re done. From here on in your timeline will look exactly the way it should be – live tweets with everything in reverse chronological order whenever you jump into the service on either mobile or desktop.
Although some people might find this feature to be quite useful, but for power users who have finally found Twitter to be their go to social network, like us, it can stir quite a bit of annoyance.