Treyarch has released an Update for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 Version of Call of Duty: Black Ops which is meant to fix many of the bugs encountered in the game along with fixes for matchmaking and other issues. The full list of fixes can be found below.
Treyarch’s community manager Josh Olin also Detailed the New Live Updates of the game because the most of the updates dealt with some map problems.
The PC Community will also witness a few updates which will include performance boost for dual and quad core machines as most of the main bug fixes are still underway which include GPU hitching and incomplete server browser results.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 Title Update Changes
- Improved matchmaking to find matches significantly faster
- Improved matchmaking to ensure that players are more effectively matched to games with the best networking conditions
- Improved host selection to ensure that the best host is always selected in the pre-game lobby
- Improved party system to ensure that parties don’t get broken apart
- Disable ability to join Private Match, Combat Training and Theater lobbies when searching for Player Match games
- Server-side and game-side changes to decrease the amount of failed Film uploads
- Weekly and Monthly leaderboards will now track all kills, deaths and assists properly (All Time leaderboards were not affected by this)
- Prevention of Combat Training stats getting crossed with Player Match stats under rare conditions
- Prevention of temporary loss of functionality when a button was being held down at the point of a disconnect
- Additional fine-tuning of audio levels and ranges for footsteps and gunfire
- Additional fine-tuning of audio levels for bomb plants/defuses
- Additional online security enhancements