Titanfall 2 Patch Update Pre-Alpha Tech Test Weekend 2 Released
Respawn Entertainment has released a Titanfall 2 Patch update for the 2nd pre-alpha tech test that will be available this weekend.
Following the game’s initial technical test last weekend, the Titanfall community shared a lot of feedback. As posted earlier this week, developer Respawn has addressed many issues for this weekend’s tech test, while other changes will be updated for the final release of the game.
Check out the changes that have been made for the 2nd Titanfall 2 Pre-Alpha Tech Test for PS4 and Xbox One. As said, this tech test will be held this weekend.
TIME TO KILL
- Amped Weapons Boost now unlocks at 80% of the earn meter instead of 50%.
- Charge Rifles now have damage falloff at cross map distances.
- Slightly increased cloak visibility for other Pilots.
We think the abundance of Amped Weapons is a large contributor to lower time to kill. We’re still adjusting individual weapon balance for ship.
- Increased max wall-running speed.
- Increased base wall-running speed and air speed.
- Increased acceleration while jumping off walls.
- Titans dashes recharge 2 seconds faster.
Training is unaffected by these changes, ensuring Gauntlet records will remain valid.
- Pilots now earn a small amount of Titan meter every 5 seconds.
This value may be undertuned until we can take a pass at how much meter you earn from objectives.
- Score Limit lowered to 5000 from 6000 to increase the amount of games won by score instead of time.
- Banking phases now last 45 seconds instead of a minute.
- Fixed some issues with the outer deadzone on PlayStation controllers.
We wanted to note and apologize for “Invite Friends” still being broken in this build. We needed to get the patch to certification quickly to ensure gameplay changes could make it in for this weekend, so we couldn’t get to this in time.
AMPED HAPPY HOUR EVENT
Lastly we will be offering players the chance to receive this callsign for launch when you play the Amped Happy Hour event this Saturday. All you need to do is play between the hours of 9-10am PT/5-6pm GMT or 4-5pm PT Saturday/12-1am GMT Sunday and you’ll get this exclusive callsign when Titanfall 2 releases on October 28.
Titanfall 2 is scheduled for a release on October 28 for PC, Xbox One and PS4.