How To Sync Your Android Photos With Facebook Directly (Guide)
Google Plus (Google+) is the first Social networking portal that allowed users to sync their photos directly form their Android and other devices. Facebook has recently rolled out a similar feature that let’s you synchronize photos in your Android device directly with Facebook photos. And the best part is; unlike other “forced” Facebook option, your synced photos with Facebook remain private until you decide to share them! So there are very less changes that you’ll get caught on Facebook with embarrassing pictures. I am not a great Facebook buff, but still the deal of syncing photos and then manually approving them for general sharing isn’t that bad of a deal.
The Facebook Photo Sync was first quietly rolled out for iOS devices. We aren’t very aware that why our iOS team wasn’t able to figure it out, but we did once we got the chance on our Android phone. In order to get photos synced directly with your Facebook, you will need to have the Facebook app installed on your Android phone. Also, we tested and tried this procedure on your Samsung Galaxy Nexus running CM 10 4.1.2 Jellybean. It is evident that it will work flawlessly on Android device upgraded to Ice Cream Sandwich or Jellybean, but we won’t be able to say the same for phones or Android tabs still running Gingerbread or other previous Android OS versions. You can check it our on your Gingerbread or Froyo device if it works and if it doesn’t; upgrade to ICS / JB or buy a new device with the latest OS.
Let’s cut the rant short and see how you can easily auto-sync your photos with Facebook through your Android device. Please remember that any photos in your Android’s Gallery will be synced but you always have the option to opt-out of this syncing gig at any time.
- The first step is to download the Facebook app from Google Play Store. In case you already have the official Facebook app for Android installed on your Android phone or tab, update it to the latest version.
- Once you have updated your FB app to the latest official Facebook app for Android, tap on its icon to open it.
- After you can see the main Facebook app interface on your Android device, tap on the menu bar (three horizontal lines) on the left of the screen.
- Once the menu is open, tap on the “Photos” option.
- After the photos are open, tap on Synced tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Now you’ll be provided with option to start syncing your photos with Facebook.
- Tap on ok and the syncing process will begin.
- You can now log-in to your Facebook over desktop and choose which photos you want to share, delete or unsync.
- The process to stop syncing your Android photos with Facebook is pretty easy as well. All you need to do is repeat the above procedure, and then tap on “settings” tab and opt out of syncing as shown in the screenshot below.
So that’s pretty much it! You can not get your photos to sync directly with Facebook without fearing any bad shares that might happen.
In case you are looking to understand the whole concept behind this photo syncing from Facebook, then head to their Photo Syncing help portal posted here and get started now.
We cater to your constant need to remain up to date on today’s technology. Like us, tweet to us or +1 us, to keep up with our round the clock updates, reviews, guides and more.