Sucker Punch – New PS4 Exclusive Details Revealed
Sucker Punch, has been known to be developing a new PS4 exclusive, for some time now. Although no information has been revealed regarding the project. A new job ad that Sucker Punch has listed, details some of the aspects that they are working on, for the new game.
Senior Character Technical Artist
Sucker Punch is looking for a senior level Technical Artist/Rigger to focus on making the characters in our games amazing. Reporting to The Character Technical Director, a successful candidate will exhibit strong interpersonal skills. We’re looking for a whiz kid that’s also positive, ego-free, and able to take/seek direction. They will also demonstrate the ability to work efficiently in the instances where there’s little direction and work well with a team. We’re looking for someone with strong troubleshooting skills. The result is a candidate who has the ability to support rigs and animation scenes and troubleshoot related technical issues and assist animators/designers/engineers with a positive, friendly demeanor. A desire to drink coffee and listen to grunge music is NOT required.Advertisement
- A demo reel (with supporting breakdown of your own work), should demonstrate tools, rigging, user interface design, and technical ability.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree preferred in related field.
- Strong skills in Maya rigging, enveloping and high quality deformations.
- Strong knowledge of Maya and it’s dag networks/ nodes/ commands and workflows.
- Strong interest in working on Games
- Must thoroughly understand Maya joint properties and transforms, constraints and space-switching concepts, fkik, various ik types.
- Must have experience building simple to complex rigs and rig parts that are optimized for efficiency for animation and LOD’ing.
- Basic understanding of Scripted Procedural Rig Build Systems and animation/rigging pipelines as well as manual rigging techniques.
- Understanding of motion capture integration for rigs and related workflows
- Able to confidently and efficiently take on any high quality deforming or mechanical rigging tasks variations(character bodies/faces/creatures/robots/vehicles/props ect..)
- Experience with rigging for games.
- Experience with various techniques used for rigging toward realism/hyper-realism (for pre-renders, Commericals/Film/Cinematics for example) would be a plus.
- Understanding of animation concepts and supporting tools.
- Basic Modeling/UV layout skills.
- Basic Familiarity with Shaders.
- Good math skills, minimum of vector/matrix math.
- Experience and demonstrated skill with Maya scripting (python) with knowledge of object oriented programming and inheritance concepts.
- Tool and Interface Design (python).
- Some Experience with Maya API programming (python or C++) preferred.
- Some Cloth/Hair/Muscle setup and simulation experience preferred (coupled with strong aesthetic and decent understanding of their base properties)
- Basic knowledge of Secondary Animation Rigging and Muscle System Techniques.
- Must have understanding basic BioMechanics and human anatomy and how it relates to rigs with strong supporting aesthetic.
There are indeed some very exciting techniques being employed, and judging from Sucker Punch’ previous work, the game could be something really special. Lets hope that Sucker Punch does reveal the game at E3 2015, and we at least get a glimpse of what the extremely talented studio has in store.
We wil bring you any new information on Sucjer Punch and their new PS4 project, as soon as it becomes available. Be sure to check our previous coverage for some more information.