Starpoint Gemini Warlords Coming to Early Access Later This Year
Iceberg Interactive has just announced that they are partnering with Little Green Men Games again to develop Starpoint Gemini Warlords, the next exciting chapter in the Starpoint Gemini series of space simulation RPG games.
Starpoint Gemini Warlords will introduce new elements of strategy into a much more enormous universe.
Starpoint Gemini Warlords will be more than just an incremental update to the series, but instead a full featured spin-off. It’ll include a vast number of ideas and concepts that either didn’t make it into Starpoint Gemini 2 or are completely new to the series. Players will be able to create their own factions, upgrade their own space stations and conquer territory for either themselves or their newly formed faction. As the title suggests, the focus will be on war, staying alive in a living breathing universe that’s filled with danger and political strife.
The CEO of Little Green Men Games, Mario Mihokovic, is excited to be able to bring some of the most requested features to their fans in Starpoint Gemini Warlords.
“This game would never entered the concept phase, had it not been for our community, so the first thing I need to do is to thank them,”
Everything you know and love about the Starpoint Gemini series will remain, especially the deep and compelling story-line coupled with an outstanding free-roam mode. Choice is a big part of the series and they want to expand by introducing new strategic possibilities that might alter the way you play in thoughtful ways. And of course, they want to do all of this with a far larger game to play in, around eight times the size of Starpoint Gemini 2.
“In Warlords, think BIGGER! Bigger universe, bigger ships, bigger stations. Expect many tweaked features; the community has decided on what they want and now they are getting it!”
Starpoint Gemini Warlords will make its way to Steam Early Access later this year at an undetermined date. In the meantime, check out the Starpoint Gemini website for more information.
- Headquarters: Construct and upgrade your own personal space station; a massive structure that enables you to conduct research, build ships, assemble autonomous fleets and much more.
- Conquer Territory. Gradually expand your reign over unclaimed territory, by battling minor factions, or conquer the entire Gemini sector, by facing off against familiar strong Gemini foes, familiar from the previous Starpoint Gemini titles. Reinforce conquered regions to defend themselves.
- Conduct Research on simple weapon enhancements, obtain the expertise to construct a titan class behemoth, or boost the effectiveness of your non-combat fleets. Equipment, ship systems, enhancements and ships can still be bought, but he best ‘stuff’ can only be researched, constructed and improved in your HQ.
- Construction and research demand the allocation of resources. Gather them by conducting missions for other factions, trade or purchase resources, or conquer regions providing a steady flow of resources, and bonuses.
- A far larger game world will allow more distinction between ship sizes, pockets of empty space to travel through and your own giant space HQ where ships can be ‘parked’.
- Skill classes, attributed skills and perk progression will be revamped and rebalanced, as will levelling-up, the reputation system and diplomacy.
- Storyline vs Free-roam: The campaign storyline will be blended in with the more generic conquer quests. Free-roam mode strips all main storyline missions, but leaves side quests and generic freelance missions intact.
- A full branching dialogue scheme, the industry standard in modern RPGs.
- Technical additions include: x64 system only, projection mapping, deferred shading, physically based rendering and realistic physics.