Star Wars Battlefront Gets Free DLC, Season Pass Detailed
EA will be releasing a fresh batch of content for Star Wars Battlefront and – hold onto your genuine Han Solo chest hair – some of it will be absolutely free.
In a statement on their website, the developers said:
As we said back in November, the release of Star Wars Battlefront was just the beginning. Our team has been listening to your feedback and building a calendar of new content and tuning changes we will be making to the game throughout 2016.
Fans looking to get even more out of their Star Wars Battlefront experience can look forward to the Star Wars Battlefront Season Pass, which will introduce a wealth of fresh content set across exciting new locations including Bespin, the Death Star, and more.From tomorrow, players will get the following absolutely free:
From tomorrow, players will get the following absolutely free:
- The Tatooine Survival map will now support the Blast, Droid Run, Drop Zone, Hero Hunt, and Heroes vs Villains multiplayer modes, and is called Raider Camp.
- New Hoth-themed outfits for Luke Skywalker and Han Solo, both of which will be available to all fans when they play as these two iconic characters on Hoth – these were unlocked by our players for completing our Heroes’ Holiday community mission last month.
- We are giving players the ability to create Private Matches, which makes playing with friends even easier.
- The introduction of Daily Challenges and Community Events. These are designed to rally the Community around certain goals and objectives, giving players the chance to earn credits and unlocks even faster. We’ll have more news regarding Community Events and Daily Challenges in the days ahead.
- And of course, we are also including some overall balancing tweaks to both weapons and multiplayer modes.
The free content will continue over the coming months. In February there’ll be a new Hoth map added, which will be compatible with larger game modes, and in March wannabe Jedis will return to Endor. Here’s hoping there’s a Ewok killing minigame right at the centre.
Of course, not everything is going to be free. People who buy the season pass will get four new DLC packs bringing to life some of the most popular areas from the Star Wars franchise.
- Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Outer Rim (March 2016) – Fight among the factories of Sullust and battle within Jabba the Hutt’s palace on Tatooine
- Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Bespin (Summer 2016) – It’s hunt or be hunted in this action-packed experience set in the Cloud City of Bespin
- Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Death Star (Fall 2016) – That’s no moon! One of the most iconic locations in the Star Wars universe makes its debut in Star Wars Battlefront.
- Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Expansion Pack 4 – Title TBA (Early 2017) – We will have more details to share about this exciting new expansion pack in the coming months.