Set Up Apple Pay and Start Paying through Your iPhone – iOS Tips
Apple’s NFC based mobile payment system is now all out for you to use with iOS 8.1 release. This system hopes to make the decades old card based payment system obsolete and make payments through smartphone a norm. Apple Pay works both at the brick-and-mortar and online stores. If you are wondering how to set up Apple Pay and get started, this guide will help you in gearing start the process.
How to set up Apple Pay:
Building on to Passbook, Apple has created this new payment system with quite a wide support from retailers. Here is how to set up Apple Pay on your iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus:
- Open the Passbook app
- Click on the + icon at the top right.
- A new screen with options to add passes or Set Up Apple Pay will show up.
- Tap on Set Up Apple Pay.
- You will now be asked to choose either the iTunes associated credit card or enter a new one.
- If you are going for the latter option, you can manually input the card numbers or use iOS 8 camera card scanner to automatically fill in the details.
- Once done, you will see a confirmation screen. Some banks might require an additional step of verification through app or phone call.
- You can now see your card in Passbook’s main screen where all the other passes and cards are stacked together.
For more details and settings, go to Settings > Passbook & Apple Pay. This screen will show you all the cards, billing and shipping address among other details. You can see all the transactions, card details and bank information too. Once you have set up Apple Pay, it is time to actually start paying using your iPhone 6 or 6 Plus. Here is an informative video showing you how to pay using Apple Pay on your iPhone 6 devices.