Samsung Employee Confirms Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Prototype And Specifications
With only a few days left until this year’s Consumer Electronics Show, more and more news has started to pop up about Samsung’s anticipated flagship, the Samsung Galaxy S6. The Samsung Galaxy S6 is expected to be launched this month by the manufacturer in Las Vegas. Our collection of Samsung Galaxy S6 leaks and rumors is almost complete, with some great looking images of the device having surfaced a while back. But disappointingly, they did not feature the highly anticipated dual curved screen that is being expected to debut with the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. But more news has surfaced, which might end up solving the mystery altogether.
According to a Reddit user, claiming to a Samsung Employee, curved screens for the Samsung Galaxy S6 are a real thing, with the company having two prototypes of the device. One of these features a regular screen, potentially like the one shown above, and the other has the much hyped about dual curved screen edge variant. According to the poster, “Project Zero is the real thing, I’ve seen two different types of GS6 Edge versions, where one uses the same standard screen, another version is equipped with double curved edge. “
While the authenticity of the report can never be confirmed, the poster also points out correctly that Samsung generally implements market favored features first in its devices and then tests out design changes through subsequent devices, a pattern that the South Korean giant implemented with the Galaxy Note 4 and the Galaxy Note 4 Edge launches this year.
The user has also posted detailed specification information about the Galaxy S6, which is something that we’ve been telling you over the past months. According to Charwinger21, the Samsung Galaxy S6 will “essentially be an S5 with:
- Snapdragon 810 SoC and/or a 20 nm A57/A53 based Exynos 7/8 (whatever they decide to call it) SoC (14 nm FinFET also possible, although it might be a Note 5/S7 thing).
- Improved camera (possibly something like the IMX240 found in the Note 4, although they likely want to use their own design)
- Slightly better waterproofing (probably IP68)
- Slightly larger screen (probably 5.2″ or 5.3″)
- 2.5k display (likely similar to the Note 4)
- USB Type-C
- An extra sensor or two
- 3-4 GB of RAM
- Gorilla Glass 4
- Slight improvements in every other way.
- Possibly a change in the fingerprint sensor (towards the style used in the Huawei Mate 7, Meizu MX4 Pro, and iPhone 6, possibly resulting in a slightly larger home button reminiscent of the one in older SGS models)
- Metal frame (like the Galaxy Alpha and Note 4) “
Sounds all the more interesting. Lets hope the bit about the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge prototype being true. Let us know what you think in the comments section. We’ll keep you updated as this develops.