It seems like a newer version of Battlefield 3 is coming next month. This is coming from Amazon.ca who listed Battlefield 3 Premium Edition for PS3 and Xbox 360;However, there’s currently no box-art available and the listing says that the game will cost $69.99 and the release date is 15 September, 2012. This means we will be able to see EA revealing it at Gamescom 2012, next week. As far as this Premium Edition is concerned, what could it be? An original game with premium subscription, or something completely different? We’re still unsure if this news is true or not. Better to treat it as a rumor.
Battlefield Premium was first revealed through a mistake on an update on PlayStation Store on 30th May, earlier this year. EA later confirmed that Premium will be released on 4th June, 2012. The Premium service holds a one time cost which is US$49.99/£39.99/€49.99/AU$49.99 and is currently exclusive Battlefield 3. Those who buy Premium will get access to an exclusive knife, dogtags and early access to all the upcoming DLC’s.
Here are the features for Premium;
- Unique camouflages for player models and weapons.
- Unique knife (Russian ACB-90) and dog tags
- Early access to all DLCs (Close Quarters, Armored Kill, Aftermath,Endgame). All five DLCs are bundled with Premium
- Increased Platoon Emblem layers
- Ability to save up to five battlereports on the Battlelog
- 10 unique assignments unlocking unique dogtags and camos
- Exclusive bonus content, videos, strategy guides, events, soldier upgrades, etc.
- The ability to reset all of your stats on the Battlelog
- Access to exclusive double XP weekends
- Having priority in server queues
- A unique title screen