Root UBUFND2 Android 4.4.2 on Galaxy S4 i9500 – How to
Samsung has released the latest UBUFND2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 in the Argentinian region. This build has been released reportedly to only limited users; however, you can install it on any international SGS4 i9500. If you have already installed the update on your Galaxy S4 i9500 and want to root UBUFND2 Android 4.4.2 on Galaxy S4, here is the guide.
– Relevant tutorial: Install UBUFND2 Android 4.4.2 Official Update on Galaxy S4 i9500
Some prerequisites to root UBUFND2 Android 4.4.2 on Galaxy S4:
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy S4 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that some recovery tool like ClockworkMod recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S4 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to root UBUFND2 Android 4.4.2 on Galaxy S4 i9500:
- Switch your Galaxy S4 off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down and Home buttons together, then press the Power button until you see the Android construction bot.
- Run Odin .exe as an admin on your PC and connect your SGS4 with your computer using the USB cable. When connected successfully, you will get a message in Odin saying “Added!!”. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn’t help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- In Odin make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check boxes are the only options checked and nothing else is.
- Click on PDA on Odin, select the CF-Auto-Root-ja3g-ja3gxx-gti9500.zip and hit the Start button.
- When installation is successfully completed; your Galaxy S4 i9500 will reboot into recovery automatically and install the root files. Also, ID:COM will turn green.
- When you see the home screen, disconnect your device from PC.
To confirm that your Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 has got Super SU access, verify by downloading Root Checker from Play Store.