Sony Xperia Z is the flagship smartphone of Sony in year 2013 with amazing specifications and features. The water and dustproof Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean powered device comes with a quad core 1.5GHz Krait mighty processor. With Adreno 320 GPU, 2 GB of RAM and 16GB of storage, Xperia Z has made news for its incresible specifications.
But to get the most of such a powerful Android smartphone, you get to have it rooted. Root access of Android devices enable you install applications requiring Super User access. You can then install all the popular custom ROMs and MODs. Usually rooting process is considered very geeky and users tend to avoid it in case they get it bricked or something. Here’s a good news if you are a Sony Xperia Z user. One click tool, no more technical stuff and very user friendly: it is going to make you to root your Xperia Z! This tool would be useful for Xperia Z with locked and unlocked bootloader.
Note: once your device is rooted, warranty will get void. You can though reclaim the warranty by applying official stock firmware update.
Prerequisites to root Sony Xperia Z:
- USB drivers must be installed in your computer for Sony Xperia Z.
- Your computer should be installed with ADB (Android Debug Bridge).
- Backup any important data from your Xperia Z as data loss might happen during the rooting process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging.
- Your Sony Xperia Z must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to root Sony Xperia Z:
Required files: Xperia Z Root tool For Windows System [Filename: Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v30.zip]
- Extract the downloaded zip file in your computer.
- Connect your Xperia Z (locked or unlocked) to the PC using USB cable. Make sure that mass storage is disabled.
- Once connected, double click on RunMe.bat located in the extracted folder of downloaded file.
- Choose Mode 3 (Goroh_kun mode) and just follow the on screen instructions
- You will soon get a success message after the process is completed.
Congrats! You have rooted your Xperia Z and can now avail all the fun that comes with a rooted device! To verify the successful rooting of your device, install a free app called Root Checker from Google PLAY store.