Root Sony Xperia X8 to CM10 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean – Custom ROM
Sony Xperia X8 hasn’t been receiving any more official updates due to hardware limitations, getting released in 2010. But that is no reason to get worried for Sony Xperia owners as now you can upgrade your device to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean using the custom CM10 firmware.
In this post we will show you a step by step guide to update Sony Xperia X8 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean using custom CM10 ROM. It should be considered here that the custom CM10 ROM for Sony Xperia has been developed by the third party developers so it cannot be OTA installed. The CM10 custom ROM for Sony Xperia X8 will not be having all the features of CM10 but it would improve the performance, upgrade the battery life and add some new apps, features and user interfaces to your device.
Prerequisites to root Sony Xperia X8 to CM10 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Sony Xperia.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy Note 10.1 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option on your handset.
- Make sure that some custom recovery tool like ClockworkMod recovery is installed.
- Your device should be rooted. Be aware that it will void the warranty which can be restored to downgrade to stock ROM.
- Ensure that your Sony Xperia X8 carries more than 60% of charge.
Steps to root Sony Xperia X8 to CM10 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean:
Required file: Download the Android 4.1.2 based CM10 ROM & Google Apps Package files from here in your computer.
- Connect your Sony Xperia X8 with your computer using USB data cable.
- Copy both files in the handset’s sdCard & disconnect the data cable and your phone.
- Switch your Xperia off and boot in to recovery mode.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM on your Sony Xperia X8 to be restored later if this new ROM does not work properly or you want to switch back. Go to Backup and Restore > Backup path. Go to recovery menu after backup process is done. – very important step to get back to your current ROM.
- Now will be performing data wiping task: Go to wipe data/factory reset > Yes path. It will take you a few minutes until the data wiping process is completed. After this is finished, come back to the main CMW recovery menu and select wipe cache partition. When done, go to wipe Dalvik Cache to perform Dalvik cache wiping.
- Select install zip from sd card and then choose zip from sd card to locate the ROM file and install it. Confirm installation.
- Repeat the above step but choose GApps file instead of CM10 ROM file.
- When done with both installations, select +++go back+++ and reboot system now.
Your Sony Xperia X8 is now up and running the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean based CM10 firmware.
We cater to your constant need to remain up to date on today’s technology. Like us, tweet to us or +1 us, to keep up with our round the clock updates, reviews, guides and more.