Root Slim Bean Custom ROM for HTC One
Slim Bean custom ROM for HTC One is gaining its name among the HTC One owners because of its lightweight and trimmed size: just around 100 – 150MB. Which essentially means a lot of bloatware has been removed to offer you a system with fewer unwanted hassles and more speed. Slim Bean for HTC One is an AOSP based Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM packing many features.
Prerequisites to install Slim Bean custom ROM for HTC One:
- Your HTC One must be with an unlocked bootloader: please check this tutorial to unlock bootloader in HTC One.
- Custom recovery like CWM or TWRP recovery must be installed in your HTC One: check these guides to install ClockworkMod recovery or TWRP recovery on HTC One.
- Your computer must have HTC One drivers. Use HTC Sync to install USB drivers for One.
- And finally the most important advice: backup everything because flashing may cause data loss in the device.
Note: this tutorial is only intended for HTC One Jelly Bean users. Please don’t try it on other Android devices.
How to root Slim Bean Custom ROM for HTC One:
- Connect your HTC One with PC and copy the downloaded files on the storage of your smartphone.
- Switch off your HTC One and reboot into recovery mode: hold down volume up and power buttons.
- Create Nandroid backup of your current ROM from recovery mode: Backup and Restore > Backup - very important step to restore to your current ROM.
- Perform wipe operations: select the wipe data/factory reset and confirm on the next screen. Next wipe cache and finally wipe dalvik cache from advanced > wipe dalvik cache.
- In fastboot mode, connect your phone to computer using a USB cable.
- Return to main menu and select “install zip from sd card” followed by “choose zip from sd card”. Locate the downloaded ROM file and confirm installation.
- When Slim Bean for HTC One is successfully installed, repeat the above step to install GApps package.
- When the installation is done successfully, select Go Back and select Reboot System Now to boot your HTC One into the newly installed Slim Bean.
That’s it! Slim Bean for HTC One is now successfully running on your smartphone.