Root the Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 – Exynos Model
Its finally possible to root the I9500 without having to install the complete pre-rooted firmware. It is the easiest and quickest method, thanks to the Chinese developer, Cofface. Here are the steps to root the Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 Exynos version (not I9505 Snapdragon version).
Steps to Installing Root on Galaxy S4 I9500
- Downloading the necessary package. (This contains the .tar file and also Odin V3) Hotfile DropBox
- Install Samsung S4 drivers. Quickest method is to download the latest Samsung Kies which includes the drivers required. Download Samsung Kies
- Once the drivers are installed. Reboot your device to Download mode. (Turn off the phone. Press Volume Down + Home button + Power off keys together and release Power key when screen shows . Release all when screen shows Download mode.)
- Connect the phone to your PC and wait for phone to be detected.
- Extract the contents of the zip file downloaded in step 1 to a folder and open it.
- Open Odin v3 (Odin v1.85 should also work.) Click on the PDA button and select cofface_I9500_cwm_recovery_en_new.tar inside the same folder.
- Leave Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time selected and everything else unselected. Press START. The process should PASS and the phone should auto reboot.
- Turn off phone and enter Recovery. (Press Volume Up + Home + Power off together.)
- Select ROOT YOUR PHONE option in recovery.
- Reboot to system.
You now have a rooted Galaxy S4 I9500.