Amestris Custom ROM is based on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean and now supports Galaxy S3 I9300. This custom ROM features multiple functions and enhancements including a darker theme named BlackDiamond – an improvement from the TouchWiz SGS3 stock theme. Apart from that, Amestris custom ROM includes many features like:
- Busybox and superuser
- Multi-language support
- Center clock
- New dialogue frames, checkbox buttons, button & tab design, CallScreen Layouts, etc
- Extended power menu options
- New battery look & Amestris status bar
- Bigger caller screen photo
- rooted, odexed all stock applications
- stock kernel installed
- Torch via Home button when using the lock-screen & many other features.
Follow this very simple guide to root Samsung Galaxy S3 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Amestris which is an amazing custom ROM for I9300 models.
Note: Please use this tutorial only for Samsung Galaxy S3 model number I9300. Do not try it on any other Android devices and models.
Prerequisites before you root Samsung Galaxy S3 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Amestris:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy S3 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that ClockworkMod or TWRP recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your S3 carries more than 80% of charge.
How to root Samsung Galaxy S3 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Amestris – Custom ROM:
Download the required files from here.
- Connect Galaxy S3 I9300 to your computer using USB cable and copy the downloaded file to the SD card of your handset. Do not extract any files.
- Disconnect USB and turn your Galaxy S3 off. Boot in to custom recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up, Down and the Power buttons simultaneously until the Samsung logo shows up. Leave the buttons for half a second and hold again. Use Volume keys to highlight and Power button to select. Alternatively you can use Quick Boot app to reboot your Android device in recovery mode.
- Next, perform Nandroid backup of your existing ROM to be restored later if this new ROM does not work or you want to move back. Select Backup and Restore > Backup. Go to recovery menu after backup process is done. – very important step to switch back.
- Wipe the data by going to wipe data/factory reset > Yes path. When done, come back to the main CMW recovery menu and select wipe cache partition, once it’s finished, tap on Advance > wipe Dalvik Cache to wipe Dalvik cache data.
- Next, from sdcard select install zip from sdcard and choose zip from sdcard. Locate the Ametris ROM zip file copied earlier and select it by pressing power button. Select yes to confirm installation and wait for the ROM installation to complete successfully.
- Once the ROM is successfully flashed, go back to the main CWM recovery menu and select reboot system now to boot up into the latest custom Ametris ROM based on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
Ta da! You have just flashed your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 to the Ametris Android 4.1.2 JB custom ROM! Let us know how do you find its features and functions.