Root Motorola RAZR HD, Atrix HD, PhotonQ, RAZR i With MotoFail2Go One-Click Root Method
It is a well known fact that when it is Android, nothing is impossible! Since the debut of this brilliant operating system 5 years back, the developer and user base has increased like crazy. There is virtually no Android phone or tab that is unhackable and Android developers have always outdone manufacturers in their attempt to keeping the devices locked or jailed. Day after day new exploits are discovered and deployed to make your Android devices free from any manufacturer hegemony what so ever.
Motorola has been one staunch manufacturer that has fought valiantly to keep their devices locked. However, this led to users losing their interest and then 3 days back, Motorola announced the Atrix HD Developer edition to “facilitate” development with unlockable bootloaders. But we believe it’s a bit too late, since Android hackers and development community already owns MotoFail2Go exploit that pawns RAZR M, Atrix HD, Motorola Razr I and the Moto Razr HD. It is believed that this root exploit also works fine with the Photon Q, but we don’t really have material evidence to prove it. However, Bell Atrix HD is completely rootable with this exploit since an XDA member confirmed this on the forums.
MotoFail2Go is a simple desktop method for gaining root on any of the Motorola devices mentioned above. However, in order to make sure that it works, you will need to have the latest Motorola ADB drivers installed on your computer or laptop.
Before moving ahead from this point, you need to make sure that you really want to do this. Most of the Android exploits are safe and its hardly ever the case that a device plunges into a bricked state, but to be careful is your own responsibility. You need to understand that you take complete responsibility of this procedure and any damage that occurs due to this will be your own headache.
After understanding the disclaimer, here is the step by step guide to root Atrix HD, Razr HD, Photon Q, Razr I with MotoFail2Go one-click rooting method.
- The first step is to make sure that your Motorola phone is one of the methods mentioned above and that you have the latest ADB drivers for Motorola Android devices installed on your Windows desktop or laptop. In order to get the latest Motorola Android and / or ADB drivers, please follow this link to the official software download portal of Motorola.
- Once you are done verifying the latest ADB drivers for your Motorola phone installed on your system, download MotoFail2GO root package from this link and save it on your desktop for ease of access.
- Now extract the zip file you earlier saved on your desktop to a folder.
- Once done, connect your phone to the computer via the original USB cable that came in the package. You can use any USB cable but its always good to use the original one as it minimizes any chances of connectivity error.
- Now, after you have the phone connected to your computer, navigate to the folder where you extracted contents from MotoFail2Go zip file.
- Now locate Run.bat and right click to launch it with Administrative privileges.
- You will see the following screen on your desktop.
After this, just follow the on screen instructions to the base and make sure that you miss no step as all of them are seriously important. And that’s it! You now have your phone rooted and once your phone reboots after the procedure, you can download the root checker app from Android market to verify SuperUser status on your phone. Please note that all credit for this hack and tutorial go to DJrBliss, XDA Member and developer. In case you want to thank him or you are stuck at any point while running the exploit on your phone, please head to the official XDA thread posted here.