Root Note 8.0 N5120 on XXDNE4 Android 4.4.2 KitKat – How to
Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 N5120 has received a very important official update titled XXDNE4 Android 4.4.2 KitKat. We hope you have already updated your Note 8.0 to this latest XXDNE4 update and are enjoying all the amazing features that it brings in. For a few, XXDNE4 Android 4.4.2 get you all the amazing animations, icon styling, and enhanced UX on top of the TouchWiz along with popular Samsung Settings layout. Once you have updated to this latest official OS update, this guide will help you to root Note 8.0 N5120 on XXDNE4 Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
Note: this tutorial is specifically tailored to Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 LTE model number GT-N5120; please do not try it on other Note variants or Android devices. For the update guide, check this link: Install XXDNE4 Android 4.4.2 KitKat on Galaxy Note 8.0 N5120
Prerequisites to root Note 8.0 N5120 on XXDNE4 Android 4.4.2:
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy Note 8.0 LTE on your computer.
- Make sure to take backup of any important files on your Note.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Disable KIES on your computer before starting the flashing process.
- Ensure that your Galaxy Note 8.0 LTE carries more than 70% of charge.
Root Note 8.0 N5120 on XXDNE4 Android 4.4.2:
- Install Odin on your computer.
- Switch your Note 8.0 off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power buttons simultaneously.
- Open Odin and connect your Note while it’s in Download mode. When connected successfully, you will get a message in Odin saying “Added!!”. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn’t help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- In Odin make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check boxes are the only options checked and nothing else is.
- Click on PDA / AP and select the .tar.md5 file downloaded earlier.
- Click on the START button to initiate the root process.
- When installation is successfully completed, your Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 will restart automatically and you can then disconnect your device from PC.
Hope this helped you to root Note 8.0 N5120 on XXDNE4 Android 4.4.2 KitKat.