How to Root Nexus 6 on Android Marshmallow MPA44G
Android Marshmallow MPA44G Developer Preview 3 is now available for Nexus 6. Google has promised to deliver the last preview build to the users in the coming days. If you can’t wait for the official update to arrive, here is how to update and root Nexus 6 on MPA44G Android 6.0.
– Recommended: How to Install Android 6.0 Marshmallow Official Update on Nexus 5, 6, 7 (2013), 9, and Player
Prerequisites to root Nexus 6 on Android M MPA44G Preview 3:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Nexus device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Google Nexus in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- If you are going to root, make sure to have a custom recovery tool like CWM, or TWRP (download link).
- Ensure that your Nexus 6 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to root Nexus 6 on Android M MPA44G Preview 3:
We have already shared with you the steps to flash MPA4GG Android M Preview 3 on Nexus 6. Once updated, you can now proceed to root Nexus 6 on Android M final preview build.
Required files: download Android SDK and install it. Set it up with platform-tools and USB drivers package in SDK. Download Despair Kernel and SuperSU v2.49 (BETA-SuperSU-v2.49.zip) for Nexus 6 on your PC. Finally, download Fastboot from the following links depending on your OS:
Step 1: Extract the downloaded Fastboot file in android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory on your PC. Create directory if not already there.
Step 2: Connect your Nexus 6 with your computer via USB.
Step 3: Copy and paste Despair.R20.6.Shamu.zip and BETA-SuperSU-v2.49.zip files to your ‘s SD card root folder.
Step 4: Turn your Nexus 6 off.
Step 5: Enter the Bootloader mode: turn your Nexus 6 on while pressing and holding Volume Down + Power keys.
Step 6: Go to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory and open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt) and type the following command:
- fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-184.108.40.206-shamu.img – press Enter.
Step 7: Once done, enter recovery mode by choosing Recovery from the Fastboot menu.
Step 8: In the recovery mode (CWM or TWRP), scroll to flash zip from SD card > choose zip from sdcard.
Step 9: Using the volume keys, locate the Despair.R20.6.Shamu.zip and select it. Confirm the installation process.
Step 10: Once done, repeat the above steps 8 and 9 for BETA-SuperSU-v2.49.zip file as well.
Step 11: After installation is completed, go to +++++Go Back and reboot your Nexus 6. First boot may take a few minutes so please be patient.
Ta da! Your Nexus 6 is now rooted on MPA44G Android M. Let us know about your experience with it.