The popular MIUI can now be rooted on Samsung Galaxy S4 bringing amazing customization, interface and many features that are not available on stock S4 firmware. MIUI also improves the pre-installed apps on Samsung Galaxy S4 stock. Another incredible feature that is popular among users is MIUI’s in-built file manager to get a pretty stunning UI on the smartphone.
Note: since this is an initial release of MIUI Galaxy S4 ROM, you may encounter bugs. But those will be ironed out as the development progresses.
Prerequisites to root MIUI ROM for Galaxy S4 i9505:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy S4 i9505 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Galaxy S4 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to root MIUI ROM for Galaxy S4 i9505:
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy S4 with computer and move both the downloaded zip files to SD card of your Galaxy S4.
- Disable SIM PIN before installing ROM.
- Turn your Samsung Galaxy S4 off and reboot the device into recovery mode: press and hold volume up, home and power buttons.
- Now create a Nandroid backup of your current ROM – important step to be able to restore back if anything does not work out. To create backup: Backup and Restore > Backup again.
- In recovery mode, perform wipe tasks: select the wipe data/factory reset, and confirm on the next screen. Select wipe cache then and confirm and finally select wipe dalvik cache under advanced and confirm it.
- Select Install Zip from SD Card and then Choose Zip from SD Card. Locate the downloaded firmware file and confirm installation.
- Once MIUI ROM is installed on your Galaxy S4 i9505, repeat the above step again but install Google Apps Package instead of the ROM.
That’s it! MIUI ROM is now running on your Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505.