Root HTC One X Endeavoru to AOSP Android 4.2.2
Earlier this week Google released Android 4.2.2 JDQ39 for Nexus devices now the AOSP based custom ROM is also available for HTC One X Endeavoru. The custom ROM based on the latest Android 4.2.2 can now be downloaded and installed on your HTC One X (endeavoru). But before that you’d be required to unlock HTC One X bootloader first. Follow this tutorial to guide you through the flashing process.
Prerequisites to be taken care of before you root HTC One X Endeavoru to AOSP Android 4.2.2:
- Setup the Android SDK and Fastboot on your PC.
- Take a backup of your important data on your HTC One X: contacts, messages, emails, etc.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
- Unlock HTC One X Bootloader
How to root HTC One X Endeavoru to AOSP Android 4.2.2:
- To get boot.img file, extract the downloaded ROM zip file.
- Inside the android-sdk-windows, go to platform-tools directory and copy the boot.img file. Note: android-sdk-windows is the directory where you have Android SDK installed / extracted. In case you cannot find platform-tools directory in it, create it.
- Copy the earlier downloaded ROM (rc16.zip) and GApps zip files on the root of your SD card.
- Turn your HTC One X off now and and switch it back on by pressing and holding power, Volume down buttons simultaneously. Select Fastboot option to enter into Download mode.
- Navigate to android-sdk-windows \ platform-tools directory and launch Command Prompt there. You can also launch Command Prompt from Run in Windows and then execute cd android-sdk-windows\platform-tools commands to get to platform-tools directory.
- Execute following commands one by one after launching Command Prompt in the platform tools directory: fastboot flash boot boot.img <— command to flash custom ROM and reboot <— command to reboot your HTC One X Endeavoru.
- Select Bootloader on your phone and then select Recovery to enter into CWM mode.
- Now perform data wipe operations: select wipe data/factory reset option and confirm with Yes. Once the data wiping is complete, navigate back to main recovery screen.
- Select install zip from sdcard and then select choose zip from sdcard, locate the copied zip file on your sd card. Confirm with yes to start ROM installation. Wait until it’s done and return back to main CWM menu.
- Repeat the above step but this time select the GApps zip file to install Google apps.
- Once the installation is complete, navigate back to main recovery screen and select reboot system now to reboot your device.
Ta da! Your HTC One X should be having the latest Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 installed successfully.
We cater to your constant need to remain up to date on today’s technology. Like us, tweet to us or +1 us, to keep up with our round the clock updates, reviews, guides and more.