How to Root HTC One M8 – Tutorial
This tutorial will run you through the procedure of getting super user rights on your new HTC One M8. Rooting your Android devices enables you to do everything with your phone giving you complete system rights. However, it does come with a trade-off of loosing your manufacturer warranty so please think before rooting and unlocking bootloader of your brand new HTC One M8.
Once we are done with this window-warning, here is how to root HTC One M8 and unlock its bootloader!
Prerequisites before you root HTC One M8:
- Charge your HTC One to at least 70% of battery level.
- Create backup of all your important data in your HTC One.
- Make sure that USB Drivers for HTC One are installed on your computer; ensure to have HTC Sync on your PC.
- Ensure to have your HTC One M8 with an unlocked bootloader and have a recovery tool installed.
How to root HTC One M8:
Required files: download the root package for your HTC One from this link (SuperSU).
- Connect your HTC One M8 to PC and copy the downloaded file to the SD card root.
- Switch the device off and reboot it in recovery mode: press and hold volume down and power buttons to enter in bootloader mode. In recovery mode, highlight options using the volume keys and select it with power button.
- Now from the menu, select Flash zip from SD card followed by Choose zip from SD card. Locate the downloaded zip file using the volume keys and select it using the power button.
- Confirm installation on the next screen.
- Once the installation is completed successfully, return to main menu and select Reboot System Now to reboot HTC One M8.
Ta da! You have successfully managed to root HTC One M8 using SuperSU on the latest Android 4.4 KitKat. Confirm the root access using Root Checker app from Play Store.
– Once you have rooted your HTC One M8, recommended guides to check: