Root Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean JKCMB1 Official
The official JKCMB1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware update can now be installed on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 model P3100. This firmware update be can be installed from Samsung KIES. But for those who haven’t got it or want to do it manually, this tutorial will suffice the procedure in a few easy steps.
Prerequisites to check before you root Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean JKCMB1:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Tab 2 7.0 carries more than 70% of charge.
Steps to root Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean JKCMB1 official firmware update:
1- Switch your mobile off and go to the Download Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously until you see the Android logo on screen.
2- On your computer now, run ODIN with Administrator rights and connect your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 to your PC.
3- On ODIN, the ID:COM box will turn yellow when your Tab 2 is successfully connected to your PC and will also also show the COM port number.
4- Select the earlier downloaded firmware file to install by following below steps:
- Click on PDA and select the file with *HOME* or *CODE* in its name.
- Click on Phone and select file with *MODEM* in its name – ignore if there is no such file.
- Now click on CSC and select the file with *CSC* in its name – ignore if there is no such file.
- Next on the PIT select file with .pit - ignore if there is no such file in your downloaded folder.
5- In the Odin window ensure that Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected. If you are using .pit file (4th step of last point), then also confirm that Re-Partition checkbox is selected as well.
6- Double check everything mentioned in last two steps and then click on Start button in ODIN window to start the installation process of official JKCMB1 update. The process might take a few minutes to complete.
7- When the installation is successfully finished, your phone will automatically restart and you will get a PASS message in the Odin window.
That’s it. You have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 to Android 4.1.2 JKCMB1 official firmware update!