Root AT&T Galaxy Note 2 on Android 4.3 UCUBMK6 Official Firmware – How to
In the past couple weeks, Samsung has been rolling out Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update to various devices including Samsung Galaxy S3 and the Galaxy Note 2. The latest update brings the performance improvements and features of Android 4.3 JB, especially Samsung’s KNOX security tool and Reactivation Lock.
Here is how you can root Galaxy Note 2 on Android 4.3 UCUBMK6 Jelly Bean official update.
Prerequisites to root Galaxy Note 2 on Android 4.3 UCUBMK6:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 carries more than 80% of charge.
Note: this guide is only intended for AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-i317; please to not try it on other variants.
Root Galaxy Note 2 on Android 4.3 UCUBMK6:
- Turn your Galaxy Note 2 i317 off and boot it into Download mode: press Volume Down, Home, and Power keys simultaneously. When the screen flashes a warning yellow triangle, press Volume Up.
- On your computer, open root package and launch Odin as an admin.
- Connect your AT&T Galaxy Note 2 with computer using a USB cable. When successfully connected, ID:COM port at ODIN will turn yellow.
- On Odin, click on PDA button and locate the CF-Auto-Root-t0lteatt-samsungsghi317.tar.md5 file. Hit START button.
- Now the rooting process will start. Once successfully done, you will see a PASS message on your Odin and your Note 2 will reboot automatically.
- Disconnect your Note 2 from your your computer.
- When your device reboots, in app drawer you will see SuperSU app.
Download the run the Root Checker app from Play Store to confirm you have gained rooting rights.
We cater to your constant need to remain up to date on today’s technology. Like us, tweet to us or +1 us, to keep up with our round the clock updates, reviews, guides and more.