Root AvatarROM on Sony Xperia Z Android 4.2.2
AvatarROM build 2.13b is rolled out with Android 4.2.2 making it all set for Sony Xperia Z. With this ROM you can enjoy the features from CyanogenMod, beautiful MIUI themes along with impressive AvatarROM features. So follow this post to update Sony Xperia Z to Android 4.2.2 AvatarROM build 2.13b.
Note: this firmware update is still not the stable version but good enough for daily use.
Prerequisites to check before you root AvatarROM on Sony Xperia Z Android 4.2.2:
- Backup any important data from your Xperia Z as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- A Nandroid backup is also recommended since it will help you to restore to current state if you do not like the new ROM. In the recovery follow this path: backup and restore > backup.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging.
- Sony Xperia should be having a recovery tool like ClockworkMod.
- Your Sony Xperia Z must be charged to at least 60% of power.
Guide to root AvatarROM on Sony Xperia Z Android 4.2.2:
- Connect Sony Xperia Z to computer using a USB cable and copy the GApps and firmware files on the phone’s SD card. Disconnect your phone when the copy is done.
- Switch off your phone and reboot into recovery mode: hold down volume up and power buttons simultaneously.
- Now perform wipe tasks: select wipe data/factory reset followed by wipe cache. Once done, from advanced, select wipe dalvik cache to clear the dalvik cache.
- Now root the AvatarROM by selecting Install Zip from SD Card followed by Choose Zip from SD Card. Locate the downloaded firmware file and confirm installation.
- Repeat the above step but instead of ROM file, select the GApps package.
- Once the installation is finished, Go Back and then select Reboot System Now.
Awesome! Your Sony Xperia Z is now running AvatarROM build 2.13b.