Rocket League Game of the Year Edition Released; Steam Workshop Support in December
Psyonix announces the release of Rocket League Game of the Year Edition for PC and PS4, along with custom training and Steam Workshop support coming to PC.
Rocket League Game of the Year Edition is packed with a ton of previously released DLC that includes:
- Content Overload: Every item and vehicle from previously-released DLC Packs, “Supersonic Fury, Revenge of the Battle-Cars,” and “Chaos Run”
- Insane Customization: Personalize your vehicle with hundreds of different items for BILLIONS of possible combinations!
- Awesome Arenas: DFH Stadium, Beckwith Park, Mannfield, Urban Station, Utopia Coliseum, Wasteland, Neo Tokyo, and AquaDome (with multiple variants of most maps)
- Fantastic Multiplayer: 4-Player Splitscreen, 8-Player Online, Competitive and Unranked play, special Mutator-themed playlist(s), Private Match support (with named rooms and optional passwords)
- Cool Game Modes: Exhibition 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, Unfair Mode (1v2, 1v3, 1v4), Rumble, Hoops, Snow Day, and Offline Season Mode
- More Features: Replay Viewer, customizable controls, “Mutator” game-variant options (Ball Type, Ball Speed, Boost Strength, Max Score, Match Length, etc.), and more!
In other car soccer news, Rocket League on PC will be getting Steam Workshop Support this December where users can upload and play custom levels. This will provide a nearly unlimited amount of ways to play Rocket League. I wonder how long before someone makes a Mario Kart stage?
Finally, Psyonix also announced a new feature coming in their next update, Custom Training.
We’ve heard the requests for new ways to train and elevate your Rocket League skills and we’ve also seen the fantastic work done by PC modders with tools like Rocket League Trainer, so we set out to build a feature that lets all of our players build and share their own training sequences within the community.
Basically, this lets players create their own training sequences that they can then upload for others to take part and elevate their performance.