ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe Motherboard26th June 2017
ASUS PRIME X299 Deluxe Motherboard- Accessories
There are so many accessories inside the Deluxe that we literally had to make a separate section dedicated to them.
First up, we are greeted by the standard X299 /ASUS Driver disk, a Thunderbolt EX 3 driver disk, a copy of DIY Guide booklet that also includes the manual and instructions for installing the board, a user guide for the ThunderboltEX 3 expansion card, a fan extension card installation guide and a 20 percent discount voucher on Cablemod cables.
Moving on, we have three packets of SATA cables with each containing two cables. These total up to 6 in the package. There’s also ASUS Q-Shield, three Thermistor cables, 1 extension cable for RGB LEDs, 1 Q-Connector, 1 SLI HB Bridge for 2-Way SLI, 1 3-Way SLI Bridge (Non-HB), 1 Mini DP cable, 1 ThunderboltEX 3 GPIO cable and a screw pack for the fan extension card.
The motherboard comes packed with three additional accessories that you wouldn’t find inside a normal high-end product. These include a Fan Extension Hub, ThunderboltEX 3 and 802.11ad (Wi-Gig) On-board LAN.
The Fan Extension Hub is a really cool PCB that allows you to connect three extra high-speed fans. The board can be mounted easily inside the case and is powered by a 4-pin connector. The PCB also allows for PWM fan control which is an essential feature on a high-end board like this.
The second main accessory is the ThunderboltEX 3 expansion card which offers Thunderbolt support through three I/O ports. These include a USB Type-C (Thunderbolt 3.0), USB-Type A and a single Mini Display Port. These high-speed I/O ports allow for 40Gbit/s bi-directional speeds.
And finally, we have the ASUS WiGig 802.11ad moving antenna and ASUS 2T2R dual band Wi-Fi moving antennas. These offer wireless connections support with up to 4.6 Gbps speeds . You can select from both antennas but can only use one at a time. Both antennas have a very angular and aggressive design scheme which looks great. It would have been fantastic if these antennas had come with magnetic support on the bottom stand but unfortunately that’s not the case here.
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Intel Core-X 'Skylake-X' and 'Kaby Lake-X' Processor Family - Core i9, Core i7 and A Core i5 (For HEDT????)
- 3. ASUS PRIME X299 Deluxe Motherboard- Features
- 4. ASUS PRIME X299 Deluxe Motherboard- Unboxing
- 5. ASUS PRIME X299 Deluxe Motherboard- Accessories
- 6. ASUS PRIME X299 Deluxe Motherboard- Close Up
- 7. Test Setup
- 8. ASUS PRIME X299 Deluxe Motherboard - CPU / Memory Performance Tests
- 9. ASUS PRIME X299 Deluxe Motherboard - Gaming Performance Tests
- 10. ASUS PRIME X299 Deluxe Motherboard - Power Consumption Tests
- 11. ASUS PRIME X299 Deluxe Motherboard - Cooler Performance and Temperatures
- 12. ASUS PRIME X299 Deluxe Motherboard - Conclusion